Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E
    replied
    the hack wont mess up the default style, adding a hack just makes it so you can add the templats to default so you can have it on that style aswell.

Leave a comment:

• vkrazzy
    replied
    Yeah, the more that I read and ask questions the more I'm understanding it, another question thou, I thought you said that hacks didn't effect the defalt style or any other style that I might have on my Board.

I just uploaded the mac os:X style, and am begining to install the hacks, and right away on the first hack it stats this

"Open root/index.php

Find:

PHP:

// get total posts

Above add:

PHP:

// Top poster
    $topposters=$DB_site->query_first("SELECT username,posts,userid FROM user ORDER BY posts desc LIMIT 1");
    // Top Threads starter
    $toptstarter=$DB_site->query_first("SELECT COUNT(*) AS count,postuserid,postusername FROM thread GROUP BY postuserid ORDER BY count DESC LIMIT 1");

save en close.

Then open forumhome template and add the following whereever you want:

For Top poster:

PHP:

<a href="member.php?&action=getinfo&userid=$topposters[userid]\"><b>$topposters[username]</b></a>($topposters[posts])

For Top threads starter:

PHP:

<a href="member.php?&action=getinfo&userid=$toptstarter[postuserid]"><b>$toptstarter[postusername]</b></a>($toptstarter[count])

Done.

is there a diffrent version of on index.php that I should be using I only found one. and the next question that I have is that it states to put blank and blank in the "forumshome" template when I go under mac template I have "forumhome_shoutbox,
    forumhome_todayloggedinuser, forumhome_todayloggedinusers
    do I need to add the FORUMSHOME template,

ahhhhhhhhh, help me please.

Leave a comment:

• E
    replied
    Re: Question about styles, hacks, templates, and replacements

Originally posted by vkrazzy
    Hello all,

I'm basicly a neophyte when it comes to vbulletin, and all the stuff to make it run, but I am learning, a couple of questions if you good people don't mind.

1. What are Replacements, I figure they must replace something, but what do they do? what are there purpose? umm, say you have a style inwhich you want the same templates that another has, its on the lines of that

2. If someone makes a style for an older version of Vbulletin will it work on v. 2.2.7? or will it mess everything up. Yes it will work

3. If you install a hack for a style, say "all the hacks for the mac os X" style, and than I upload a new style, will the hacks mess up the style they are not made for No, every style has its own templates

and finally,

4.what is the diffrence between a style and a template?Templates are pretty much what makes your board avaliable to alter and stuff. Hundreds of templates. A style is just the banner,colors, and stuff you may have. Like say if vb.com and vb.org where the same site, that would be two different styles. I have a bunch of styles, kinda fun to keep making them and seeing what your members liek best.
    hope that helps

Leave a comment:

• Question about styles, hacks, templates, and replacements

Hello all,

I'm basicly a neophyte when it comes to vbulletin, and all the stuff to make it run, but I am learning, a couple of questions if you good people don't mind.

1. What are Replacements, I figure they must replace something, but what do they do? what are there purpose?

2. If someone makes a style for an older version of Vbulletin will it work on v. 2.2.7? or will it mess everything up.

3. If you install a hack for a style, say "all the hacks for the mac os X" style, and than I upload a new style, will the hacks mess up the style they are not made for

and finally,

4.what is the diffrence between a style and a template?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X