No announcement yet.

Vote for your favorite board September's vBBotM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's also why I don't nominate my board anymore...
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• Why don't we all get a long and have all our votes checked?
      :)

Comment

• You and Mr Codename49 since the beggining seem to have a problem with the fact my design has been made by corey, you guys seem to think you have perfect designs or something.

Comment

• Excuse me, but do you have a problem with me asking for everyone's votes to be validated?

If you do, then please tell me, instead of inventing absurd claims.
          :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Machol
            FWIW it gets pretty discouraging to see what started out as a good idea get bogged down in petty squabbling every month. This is one reason I don't even bother visiting the sites and voting.
            Perfect idea is to create a script that will require vb customer number and password. Only one vote can be made with one vb ucstomer number. Won't be any problems or accusations then.

Comment

• The last 'perfect' idea was to move this to a forum where only licensed members to post. That didn't reduce the bickering.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Moving it to a license oonly forum is not a perfect idea. And anyone who thinks so doesn't inderstand the issue.

Main issue is some people getting their friends to vote for them. It doesn't take much work to add a username in members area and remove it once they already voted. While requiring the customer number/pass to vote and then locking out that particular customer id from voting again in this month will as each person only has one customer id.

Comment

• My point is that even if you did what you suggest, this will not solve the problem of petty bickering. And I guaranteee that we will not be hacking this forum just to provide another way to conduct this poll. If people can't act reasonably and maturely, then I'd be in favor of dropping this 'contest' altogether.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• How about making the poll but not allowing replies in conjunction with a "enter your customer id/password"? Putting it in the member's area would be easy.
                    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• I wasn't suggesting hacking anything in. Afterall these are official forums and should show what vbulletin can do off the top of the box.

I'd be more then glad to code a poll script to be placed in the members area or something along those lines. Just a poll, no replies, and requires a customer id/pass to vote. Once you vote the customer id is "locked out" for that month's poll.

Comment

• Just ban the 2 idiots that are crying about losing.

People will get the point for future contests.

Comment

• WRXYZ.COM

hey guys maybe my site could make the list next time? http://www.wrxyz.com/forums/

Comment

• s.molinari> Has the win been removed from MM and you are looking into it? Or are they the winner as of right now, and you are looking into whether or not this should be removed? Please let me know as I had seen the poll and posted about MM winning at our site and got an email from Oleg here saying the win was not granted to MM. I just want to clarify so I can best represent this on our site.

Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by c-prompt
                              s.molinari> Has the win been removed from MM and you are looking into it? Or are they the winner as of right now, and you are looking into whether or not this should be removed? Please let me know as I had seen the poll and posted about MM winning at our site and got an email from Oleg here saying the win was not granted to MM. I just want to clarify so I can best represent this on our site.

Thank you.
                              To my knowledge the award wsan't given to anyone thing month yet (vbulletin.com/award/), it's being discuessed by Scott and John.

Comment

• OMG!
                                Such joy!

Thanks again to Scott, John (owner), all the members who voted, especially the ones who voted for iHosts , and last but not least; Joshua Chance ...A friend as well as a great designer. Thank you!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X