Color Selections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Selections

I know there was another thread about this, but I just wanted some opinions. I tried using the color selector even, but my artistic skills are so bad. I can never get a style to look good. Could anyone help me out and set me up with a good color scheme?

I'm looking for either a dark color(blue prefered) or a light blue or green.

Better yet, if those colors don;t work, just throw out suggestions, anything is better than what i can do
    Thanks!
    -Draco
    The Digital Sector Forums

I spent a little time with your beautiful logo, and with the help of Dreamweaver, I pulled out some colors that I think go well together. Except for the black, I pulled all these colors straight from your logo. What do you think about this color combination?

Comment

I spent some more time... I couldn't resist, because your logo is so rich with color ... and I came up with another color set. I think this one is a bit more earthy. Again, except for the black, I pulled all colors straight from your logo.

What do you think?

Comment

I like the colors, i want to try them out on my boards. Now I'm a coloring newb here hehe, which colors should I put in where in the styles admin??
        -Draco

Comment

Originally posted by Lorddraco98
          I like the colors, i want to try them out on my boards. Now I'm a coloring newb here hehe, which colors should I put in where in the styles admin??
          admin cp > styles > modify

Click on "fonts/colors" next to the style you want to modify.

Then, just scroll down, and you'll find all the places where you can modify the colors. Have fun... and keep me "posted", to let me know how it's going!

Comment

Originally posted by mishkan
            admin cp > styles > modify

Click on "fonts/colors" next to the style you want to modify.

Then, just scroll down, and you'll find all the places where you can modify the colors. Have fun... and keep me "posted", to let me know how it's going!
            that's the part I'm bad at

I can never figure out what colors to put where in there, any suggestions or do I just play around??

Also, whenever I modify my style, i always get a stupid white streak across the top of the forums, under my logo and under the buttons. Any way to get rid of that? I also want to kind of make my buttons integrated into a whole logo, would i create one graphic for that? Or how would I do that? Or is it better left alone?
            -Draco

Comment

Maybe you could create your own "cheat sheet"... just print out your current forum home, and look at the modify styles page, and make notes on the printed copy as to where each color setting goes? That's what I would have to do, as I don't know off-hand what each setting does.

As for the white strip... I think this is it... images/menu_background.gif. Here's one idea to get rid of it... maybe you could just delete the "background" attribute in this html code, found in the "logo and buttons" section of the "header" template...

< td valign="top" align="left" background="images/menu_background.gif">

As far as your buttons... I don't know what's best... to integrate with the logo as one large graphic, or to leave them separate. My instinct is to leave them separate, as that will make changing them much easier, in the future.

Comment

Maybe you could create your own "cheat sheet"... just print out your current forum home, and look at the modify styles page, and make notes on the printed copy as to where each color setting goes? That's what I would have to do, as I don't know off-hand what each setting does.

As for the white strip... I think this is it... images/menu_background.gif. Here's one idea to get rid of it... maybe you could just delete the "background" attribute in this html code, found in the "logo and buttons" section of the "header" template...

< td valign="top" align="left" background="images/menu_background.gif">

As far as your buttons... I don't know what's best... to integrate with the logo as one large graphic, or to leave them separate. My instinct is to leave them separate, as that will make changing them much easier, in the future.
                awesome man, thank you SO much for your help!! I'll let you know how things turn out
                -Draco

Comment

LOL... look what I just found...
                  http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=36009

Thanks to tubedogg for these great "cheat sheets"!

Comment

LOL... look what I just found...
                    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=36009

Thanks to tubedogg for these great "cheat sheets"!
                    o sweet
                    -Draco

Comment

First attempt with the 2nd color set, haven't even touched the first colors.

Ugly? Nice? ok?

o and the mouseover color for links is white
                      -Draco

Comment

I just experimented witht he first color set. Links are highlighted with red when the mouse rolls over them.

Time for bed though, 2AM hehe, I'll do some more experimenting in the morning, thanks again for the color help, I'll let you know if I need more later
                        -Draco

Comment

Comments on your first attempt with the 2nd color set...

I definitely don't like the orange text... ... it sticks out like a sore thumb.

If you don't mind playing a little... I would like to see a white background, you know, the background behind the logo and around the edges of the page. Then, I would like to see you try the blue for the background of the forum page, itself. Then, maybe try black for the category strip backgrounds... and very light grey for the forum strip backgrounds.

Remember, I'm trying to "see" all this in my head... it may not look so great in reality.

Comment

Comments on your first attempt with the 1st color set...

I definitely don't like the bright green text... again, it sticks out like a sore thumb...

How about using the dark blue for both the outside background and the forum page background, if you know what I mean? And black for the category strip backgrounds? What would that look like?
                            Last edited by mishkan; Sun 1st Sep '02, 12:40am.

Comment

hehe, okey, I'll give those a try. DO you have AIM or some IM program?? WOuld be easier to have a conversation on there
                              -Draco

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X