and image as a border

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and image as a border

i want to add a bambo border to the forums to keep with a theme. i have an image gif id like to use, but when i add " background="images/bambo.gif into the border line in fonts/colors, it puts the gif horizontally(gif is hoizontal), but when it comes to the vertical part of the border, it just shows pieces.

is there any way to border the forum in this gif:

You will need to make a vertical version of your image.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Here ya go; I was bored (in case u need it).

Comment

How do you define horizontal and verticle images for borders in the style cp for the border color box?
        forums: pcfx.cc
        gallery: here

Comment

You wouldn't.. You would assign them as backgrounds to table cells to do it correctly.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

thats the part i dont understand....how do i assign verticle and horizontal?

Comment

Bear with me, I'm no expert yet. What I would do is look at the source code of my index page and take a look at the table structure. You should see template sections in the source, so you can nail down what areas you need to modify. Then you can modify whatever area you need to get the graphic in. Basically in your case you want to add a cell that runs the length of the side of your forum table I am guessing and use the graphic as the cells background.

As far as the vertical/horizontal thing. I would think that if you set the cell width to the picture width that would insure no tiling side to side, but vertical would get tiled where your graphic came up short.

LOL, I think...
              Last edited by xeon; Thu 29 Aug '02, 7:28pm.

Comment

Originally posted by wluke
                You wouldn't.. You would assign them as backgrounds to table cells to do it correctly.
                I have the same question...
                I have asked this before and got no answer

could someone really help us by telling us how exactly we could put images - border at our vbs?

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...hlight=borders
                  forums: pcfx.cc
                  gallery: here

Comment

Mr. X's suggestion seems to be a way to do it using styles. Looks like a pretty good way.

If you want to use an image, use it as backgrounds like xeon mentioned above. Something like the image below. In this case the first row has colspan=3 with the horizontal bamboo background. The second row is 3 TD's. The first and third use the vertical bamboo as backgrounds, and the middle cell can contain the content (which is probably another table). Maybe I made it more confusing?!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X