Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inserting GIFS and changing border colors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inserting GIFS and changing border colors...

These two issues are disturbing my sleep. Hopefully, someone has the sleep aid I need!

My site can be found here!

1. After installing my website's header, I found it surrounded by what I refer to as "vB-Blue." I want the basic #FFFFFF background surrounding my page.

I've tried all color changes from the control panels, but to no avail.

2. I have a "gif" file as part of my header that is not appearing now. How, specifically, do I import it to an image file -- I assume-- for use within my header?

Thanks for any help!

Re: Inserting GIFS and changing border colors...

Originally posted by BKPruitt

1. After installing my website's header, I found it surrounded by what I refer to as "vB-Blue." I want the basic #FFFFFF background surrounding my page.
    This is in the styles area in the "Body Tag". It will be bgcolor="#666696"

Replace 666696 with FFFFFF

I would help with #2 but I don't understand what you are asking.

Comment

Problem 1 solved, moving to #2...

Big thanks to Plug -- I found the errant color tag and corrected it.

My remaining problem is how to get a "gif" picture, part of my custom header, to appear on vB! My site -- with a big 'ol empty gif box on top, is here.

How to do, how to do!

Comment

The image is linked to:

http://www.nurseplus.com/forums/head.h1.gif

Its not there, so you need to find where your image is and correct the location.

Comment

Copyright notice

Hi there,

Ofcourse I do not know if you paid money to have the right to remove the copyright. Sorry if this is the case. But if it is not, and you did not pay to have the rights to remove the copyright notice, then please restore it a.s.a.p

Comment

Here is the correct location of that image.

http://www.nurseplus.com/_includes/head.h1.gif

Comment

plug,

By the way, unless you've purchased the 'brand-free' license you will need to restore the original vBulletin/Jelsoft copyright info to your footer template. At a minimum the copyright needs to read:

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2002, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ouch!

You guys are touchy about the copywrite info, but I don't blame you. You have a fine piece of software here. If I were you, I'd want every name that ever tweaked any code on it!

Thanks to your help, mine is now up and looking good -- with copywrite info restored here. YOU GUYS ROCK!

Bryan

Comment

Thanks Plug...

Damn, a minor alteration in the location of the graphic!

I'm not sure how I got that wrong, but thanks for pointing it out. Gif is now where it belongs and looking cool!

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
                    plug,

By the way, unless you've purchased the 'brand-free' license you will need to restore the original vBulletin/Jelsoft copyright info to your footer template. At a minimum the copyright needs to read:

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2002, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
                    What???? I dont even have a live board up at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by plug
                      What???? I dont even have a live board up at the moment.
                      What's this then:

http://www.nurseplus.com/forums/

P.S. Thanks for restoring the copyright.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thats this guy Im helping's forum smachol....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X