Vote for your favorite board- vBBotM August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaintDog

Thanks, I am glad you like it, a lot of work has been placed in to vBT (not to say that the other contestants have not, I am very sure they have, xelation being one for sure). Just curious, are you Buddha from leihu.com? Just wondering, I don't see too many or any people with that name often.

- SaintDog
    that's me, dog.
    and you're right... don't see many buddhas online... which is fine by me.
    Buddha's Bar & Grill

Comment

The Harley forum is an awesome design, but vBT gets my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddha

that's me, dog.
        and you're right... don't see many buddhas online... which is fine by me.
        Ok, just checking ; Leihus new design is very nice, although most of his are, but this one sticks out more to me, more professional (if that is the right word).

As for this poll, thanks to everyone who has voted for vBT so far, I appreciate all the votes, it lets me know all the work I have and will be placing into vBT is appreciated .

Regards,

- SaintDog

Comment

Is VBT coming back? I thought it was going to move but its shutdown indefinetly?
          forums: pcfx.cc
          gallery: here

Comment

I vote www.Xelation.com all the way
            ~Being Designed~
            www.graphicflux.com

Comment

Originally posted by SaintDog

Ok, just checking ; Leihus new design is very nice, although most of his are, but this one sticks out more to me, more professional (if that is the right word).

As for this poll, thanks to everyone who has voted for vBT so far, I appreciate all the votes, it lets me know all the work I have and will be placing into vBT is appreciated .

Regards,

- SaintDog
              yeah, james is an amazing designer. he's got a good eye. it would be great if he could get his hands on a vB and really put 'er to the test.
              i've been visiting your site often dog (up until it closed for the move), as i'll be installing vB2.2.7 for my DVD site shortly. i'll wait for 3 until it's very stable.
              so i'll be using some of the temp mods on your site for sure.

and you'd better believe i appreciate the hard work you've done!
              keep it up!
              Buddha's Bar & Grill

Comment

vBT.com definately, it has barely any hacks on it, just alot of template mods ^^ and alot of template mods to get to use for yourself ^^

For those that actually want to hear my reasons

vBT.com is great, I love the postbit although it doesn't have much in it, I love getting template mods from it, and I love the User Info Display page on it ^^ It's not over-run by hacks like most places, instead it's over-run by template mods ^^

I did like xelation but it was a little to graphical(lol is that even a word?), I didn't like the postbit that much either, although it is creative.

Harleydave. one I didn't get to look around much, so I didn't vote for it because I don't like having to go through the trouble in registering ^^ Me = lazy

Unreal one didn't have that many template mods, mainly just a bunch of hacks, alot of styles, but I mainly like to judge forums by their postbit since after all, that's what is viewed the most and it's postbit was on defualt with a few fields added.

Coverscene was okay, I think that the forum tables were a little small though, the postbit was pretty good, but I still like vBT.com better ^^

Comment

vbulletintemplates gets it. Subtle, very well balanced, refined, stands far enough apart from similar designs.

Harley Davidson would get my second place vote. Cohesive and consistent.

Unrealforum is damn sexy, but there's not enough contrast, and the buttons are fugly. (Granted, they're the same as on the Harley Davidson forum, but there they match the HD branding.)

Xelation looks like a high-school Photoshop project.

Coverscene: Ohmygod my eyes are dripping down my face. Ho-hum design; the same buttons/button font/"file-card boxes" as on most l337 forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkham
                    Xelation looks like a high-school Photoshop project.
                    and so does your avatar, I must also say this... I no longer own xelation.com and the new owner has changed things around a ton so it doesnt look the same as I made it before
                    Last edited by Xelation; Mon 12 Aug '02, 9:09am.

Comment

Originally posted by Xelation

and so does your avatar, I must also say this...
                      Oh, did I say high school? I guess I should have said public school. Nyeah Nyeah Nyeah, nanny nanny boo boo.

But, no matter, I'll pass along your sentiment to the gamers.com forum from which I ripped the octopus. If you can do better, and I trust that you could, PM me and I'll gladly parade the avatar on every forum I'm on, and fully extol the virtues of Xelation. (Actually, I'm being completely serious.)

I no longer own xelation.com and the new owner has changed things around a ton so it doesnt look the same as I made it before
                      Seeing as how I wasn't going to write an essay on your site just for a poll thread, I neglected to mention that it does look great, but it looks like the design-overkill one would associate with an enthusiastic high school student showing off all the neat tricks he can do. It's a great design that shows how talented you are, but it's overwrought.

I understand that's the "style" these days, especially on l337 forums, but it's almost exhausting reading through forums where each post looks like it weighs 50kg.

Comment

vBT!

/me is too lazy to comment on all of them...

Comment

Is this the last day? Looks like vBT takes it. Congrats SaintDog!

Comment

Looks like VBT won! Congrats.

Comment

A very well-deserved victory... congrats!

Comment

I almost forgot about this, I have been working with VH so much I have not had much time to check back. I appreciate everyone that voted for vBT (both those that voted for the initial nomination and those that voted for vBT to win).

I want to wish good luck to those in the September drawing and those in future nominations and votings , maybe we will return for next augusts (2003) nominations .

Thanks again!

- SaintDog

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X