No announcement yet.

Vote for your favorite board- vBBotM August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean that they arent near as good as VBT. I wasnt trying to be rude or anything. I just didnt feel like typing what I thought for each forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Johnson
      I mean that they arent near as good as VBT. I wasnt trying to be rude or anything. I just didnt feel like typing what I thought for each forum.
      I'm sure that's going to help them improve...
      :)

Comment

Originally posted by eiSecure
        I'm sure that's going to help them improve...
        I didnt know this thread was for critiquing layouts and helping people improve. I just thought it was a poll for vb of the month.

Comment

Yes, but if somebody loses, the least you can do is help them improve, instead of treating them like worthless sites and saying, "The others speak for themselves".
          :)

Comment

Xelation is amazing. vBT is very nice also, but Xelation looks so great.

Comment

since xelation doesn't display properly on my browser, i think i'll go with vbt.

by the way, doesn't saintdog own both xelation and vbt? doesn't that make him win either way then?
              www.warboards.org

Comment

Nope, I only own vBulletinTemplates.com, I don't think they would allow both boards in the poll if I owned them both.

- SaintDog

Comment

hrm, i could've sworn i saw it was you who purchased xelation.
                  must be my mistake then.
                  www.warboards.org

Comment

Originally posted by eiSecure
                    Yes, but if somebody loses, the least you can do is help them improve, instead of treating them like worthless sites and saying, "The others speak for themselves".
                    well if they want help then they can ask or post it in another forum. The least I can do is nothing. I dont have to vote or do anything. This is simply a poll not a "help me inprove my site" forum. By saying "the others speak for themselves" is nothing more than saying what I think. I didnt feel like writing my complete thoughts about every website in a detailed paragraph. But in no way am I trying to be rude to those sites.

Comment

i voted vbt as well.
                      excellent layout and content.
                      good job saintdog. you're also providing one hell of a service!

xelation is very cool, but it loads way too slow... imo, the point of a board is not just to look great, but also to be practical. speed has to be taken into consideration.
                      and btw, i'm on cable. hell, it's even slow on the T1 at work. (i really like the postbit edits! great work bud!)

btw, i didn't think ben was being insulting either by saying the others speak for themselves, and people shouldn't be so easily offended. it's a vote... people will have different opinions. i'm not crazy about alex's design either... but that's just personal taste. doesn't make it a bad board by any means.

good luck saintdog!
                      Buddha's Bar & Grill

Comment

Originally posted by Buddha
                        i voted vbt as well.
                        excellent layout and content.
                        good job saintdog. you're also providing one hell of a service!
                        Thanks, I am glad you like it, a lot of work has been placed in to vBT (not to say that the other contestants have not, I am very sure they have, xelation being one for sure). Just curious, are you Buddha from leihu.com? Just wondering, I don't see too many or any people with that name often.

- SaintDog

Comment

vBulletinTemplates.com is closed at this time. If you have any questions, please send them to [email protected].
                          Bad time to close the board. :/
                          Xelation looks pretty similar to one of my forum themes, but I'm pretty sure I made mine after Xela. I'm not sure. Visit my board and pick Synthesis from the style selector if you wish.
                          Last edited by Chruser; Sat 10 Aug '02, 1:40am.

Comment

While I agree it was bad timing, it should be back up tomorrow for all to view and access once again unless any problems occur.

- SaintDog

Comment

When does this poll end anyway? :/

Comment

VBT
                                You're my Prince of Peace
                                And I will live my life for You

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X