Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Can I Find Nice Smilys And Avatars

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where Can I Find Nice Smilys And Avatars

    anyone know of a good site that provides free avatars and smilys
    http://dev.nightclubwiz.com/Banners/Banner_2.gif

  • #2
    http://www.darkproject.com/ becomes http://www.turtletips.com/forums/mis...on=showsmilies . You have to ask for permission first and put a notice in the footer to use them.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

    Comment


    • #3
      www.kurafire.com/random/CouchAvatars.zip

      Err, some 336 or so artistic avatars in there. Seem to be very popular, with over a few thousand downloads from my site and bbaddons.com combined; I've also seen lots of the avatars in this pack appear on forums such as vb.com, vb.org, and all kinds of other places.

      Comment


      • #4
        Smilies: http://www.mysmilies.com
        Avatars: http://www.avatardir.com (seems temporarily down)
        Marc James
        Sports Central — Beyond the Scores
        Sports Central Message Boards

        Comment


        • #5
          http://www.freeavatars.net/

          http://www.wvc.net/~halterk/smilies/smilies.htm

          Comment


          • #6
            How do you add additional smileys and avatars to your boards?

            Thanks!

            Comment


            • #7
              In your Administrator Control Panel, click "Add" or "Upload" under the Smilies and Avatars categories.
              http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

              Comment


              • #8
                When I download from a site, say 100 of them, what do I upload them to? What file name? Is it images, smileys, avatars or..?

                Thanks!

                Comment


                • #9
                  do i need my ftp to upload smilies and avatar or can i just perform this from anywhere in my admin screen?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BillsInsider
                    When I download from a site, say 100 of them, what do I upload them to? What file name? Is it images, smileys, avatars or..?

                    Thanks!
                    Upload avatars to "images/avatars" and smilies to "images/smilies."

                    Originally posted by Richy T.
                    do i need my ftp to upload smilies and avatar or can i just perform this from anywhere in my admin screen?
                    You can use the "Upload" feature, but your directories have to be CHMODed to 0777.
                    http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      some good icons..

                      sorry for this shameless plug but you can take a look at some iconography at my forum: http://snipurl.com/bbs/index.php

                      cheers.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        man, my CouchAvatars.zip link is on the 2nd place in bandwidth use of my entire site!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Same topic, new question...

                          How do I change the number of smilies that show up in the window? I just added a new one, but it shows up on the next page, which actually doesn't load....I get my custom 404 page instead.

                          So, I'd rather just include it in the existing window. I looked in the tempates, but I'm just not sure what to change.

                          Thanks in advance!
                          http://mainstreetmom.com/forums
                          Mia
                          http://MainStreetMom.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Nevermind! Just found the answer....

                            Found this in another thread:

                            Under the main options section of the admin control panel there is an option under the 'posting code allowances' header.



                            Originally posted by Mia
                            How do I change the number of smilies that show up in the window? I just added a new one, but it shows up on the next page, which actually doesn't load....I get my custom 404 page instead.

                            So, I'd rather just include it in the existing window. I looked in the tempates, but I'm just not sure what to change.

                            Thanks in advance!
                            http://mainstreetmom.com/forums
                            Mia
                            http://MainStreetMom.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by shanx24
                              sorry for this shameless plug but you can take a look at some iconography at my forum: http://snipurl.com/bbs/index.php

                              cheers.

                              Did you make those? I like them alot. Are they available?

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X