signiture line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• signiture line

I have been playing around in my postbit lately and have now found that between my sig pic and the bottom of the post thee is a huge gap any ideas what I have done wrong ?

Yes, that's a little template problem. Xiphoid has a fix in one of his tutorials.
    :)

Comment

Seems to me there is "much more than necessary" space at the bottom of messages PLUS at the bottom of signatures even in the default setting----such as right here at vB forum. A one-line space height is plenty---why make it 3? So I am hoping Xiphoid's fix can improve on this as well?

Anyway thank you for the tip eiSecure. I want my forum to be as efficient as possible for as many screen sizes as possible---so the less unnecessary gaps, the better.... When I have the time, will hook up with good ole' Xiphoid on that....
      sigpic Krystof
      Starnectar Free Forums

Comment

In your postbit template...

Change:

Code:
        <td bgcolor="$post[backcolor]" width="100%" valign="top">
        	<smallfont>$post[icon] <b>$post[title]</b></smallfont>
        	<p><normalfont>$post[message]</normalfont></p>
        	$post[attachment]
        	<p>$post[signature]</p>
        	<p>$post[editedby]</p>
        	<p align="right"><smallfont><a href="report.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&postid=$post[postid]">Report this post to a moderator</a> | $post[iplogged]</smallfont></p>
        </td>
        To:

Code:
        <td bgcolor="$post[backcolor]" width="100%" height="100%" valign="top">
        <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" align="left" height="100%">
          <tr> 
            <td bgcolor="$post[backcolor]" colspan="2" align="left" valign="top" height="20"><smallfont>$post[icon] <b>$post[title]</b></smallfont></td>
          </tr>
          <tr> 
            <td bgcolor="$post[backcolor]" colspan="2" align="left" valign="top"><p><normalfont>$post[message]</normalfont></p></td>
          </tr>
          <tr> 
          <td bgcolor="$post[backcolor]" colspan="2" align="left" valign="bottom" >$post[attachment]$post[signature]</td>
          </tr>
          <tr>
            <td bgcolor="$post[backcolor]" align="left" valign="bottom" height="8"><br>$post[editedby]</td>
            <td bgcolor="$post[backcolor]" align="right" valign="bottom" height="8"><br><smallfont><a href="report.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&postid=$post[postid]">Report this post to a moderator</a> | $post[iplogged]</smallfont></td>
          </tr>
        </table>
        </td>

Comment

many thanks

Comment

sigpic Krystof
            Starnectar Free Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X