X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul J
    Corey=owned
    lol.
    I'm surprised this thread hasn't been closed yet.
    Board of the Month: November
    Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
    Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
    vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

Originally posted by v-net
      No worries c-prompt
      Thanks for taking the time to clear that one up
      No offense was intended by my post, and I apologise if any was taken
      None taken. Cheers

Comment

Aww, its like one big hug
        ~Being Designed~
        www.graphicflux.com

Comment

Heh I thought I replied to this topic

Oh well here's my reply, I knew about Xelation.com a while ago and I couldn't wait until it opened! It's finally open and well, I first went to look at the post bit and:

It's simply awesome. Very graphic intensive forum though, however on my broadband things are all good

Xelation.com goes down on my coolsites list: http://fusion.sdsym.com/v1/ [go to coolsites]

It takes a lot to go down on my coolsites list but those sites really are

I love the colours used at Xelation.com, there's a perfect scheme going on there. Also, all the graphics are up to scratch You've got all the great graphics guys signed up too and ummm *signs up* nope, I suck at graphics

But it's the postbit...it's just AWESOME! I can't get over how good it is. It's so inventive and original..!

So overall: It's just awesome. Good work, can't wait for a v2

Comment

So should Xelation.com stay up or be shut down? Apparantly people love the design, but dont love to post on it
            ~Being Designed~
            www.graphicflux.com

Comment

I think that the post about the site closing down really hurt its traffic. People left. But also, most of your traffic was from yaxay anyway. It's design is awesome, but it doesn't offer anything that the other millions of graphics communities offer. Basically, you're advertising it to a market that's cluttered offering absolutely nothing new besides a design.

Comment

If you get REALLY stuck, you could always just release the xelation style as a free download.
                None

Comment

hehe nice try V Don't count on that happening... I think designs like that are much too good to release for free. Free templates are usually the less graphic and more html ones. And you let the people had their own graphics to the theme that you release for free.

Comment

Hehe
                    Yeah I know
                    Just picture it, the style gets released and suddenly hundreds of vb's are running the style ! (just like the techie style)
                    None

Comment

That's one of the worst things to do...

Lots of newbie sites would start using the vB style, including warez vBs...

Plus... you'll see it being ported to other forums, like PHPBB, IBF, iB, etc.

It's just not good, especially when the style itself is so unique -- it takes away from your identity and sets the style to be more of a generic, all-free no-skill trend.
                      :)

Comment

Make me an admin and i'll bring in the members and posters

Comment

Originally posted by I¢E
                          I think that the post about the site closing down really hurt its traffic. People left. But also, most of your traffic was from yaxay anyway. It's design is awesome, but it doesn't offer anything that the other millions of graphics communities offer. Basically, you're advertising it to a market that's cluttered offering absolutely nothing new besides a design.
                          You're exactly right.

If I had a dollar for every rap battle site and this kind of site I would be rich.

Not knocking the owner, I'm sure you're very nice and bla bla bla, but your site offers nothing that isn't being offered at 100 other empty websites right now.

Comment

The really popular graphics boards at the moment are the ones that started out early, when there weren't four million of them...

Comment

I launched Pixeljunction over a year and a half ago, so its always been pretty popular. Not at the start, but version2 was a real success, and v3 has been even more
                              Board of the Month: November
                              Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
                              Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
                              vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

yea, but Sinecure, your site just isn't forums. It's actually a site. We're referring to many places simply opening design "forums" and not really offering anything new.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X