No announcement yet.

vButtonPro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a pro version for Photoshop 6? I have the original one, but I like the option of making only the section of buttons I want to in the Pro version. If not, no big deal since my buttons don't need any rework, but some others might find it useful.

Comment

heya
      i love the program and I'd thought i'd say a few small things that could be fixed if you do have the time.

1. If photoshop isn't running or there is a dialog box open like the colour picker then the program crashes. Most annoying thing about that is you lose your settings.

2. I get the error:

"The parameters for command 'Fill' are not currently valid"

which causes a crash on the private event image (in standard buttons)

3. its a little bit annoying how it exits photoshop after finishing a job. e.g. one example of an annoyance is when instead of creating ALL buttons you wanted to do standard and header. it'd close after the first. just a minor thing but ...

4. ah and lastly. if you create say standard buttons. then you go create header buttons in the same set. it deletes all the files in there already. so all the header ones will be gone.

anyways
      great work thanks for the program.

Comment

The new features in vButtonPro are simply not possible to achieve with Photoshop 6 as it has no scripting support. VButton used photoshop action files which are extremely limited.

The scripting support in Photoshop 7 is still very limited, and I had to be very creative to get it to work as well as it does.

The program is designed to open photoshop, do its thing, then close it again.
        Do not attempt to use photoshop before or while it's doing its thing, your likely to break the script, which depends on things being done in the correct order.

As yet there is no way to respond to file overwrite prompts within a script, so it was safer for me to do the deletion the current way.
        Otherwise for example, if you did header buttons, then did all buttons, the script would break.

Comment

i made a set of nasty ugly buttons (all of the images) saved to set 1 and roceeded afterword to make header buttons diffrent had no probs

i have yet to have no problems only thing that i would like to see is when you select a color in the pickers you see a example of what it would look like.

like if they were the top imagaes there would be a exampsle of the regular image then if you put #FFFFFF in the light gradiant it would show what it would look like with the white color in there

Comment

Originally posted by Bugz
            i made a set of nasty ugly buttons (all of the images) saved to set 1 and roceeded afterword to make header buttons diffrent had no probs

i have yet to have no problems only thing that i would like to see is when you select a color in the pickers you see a example of what it would look like.

like if they were the top imagaes there would be a exampsle of the regular image then if you put #FFFFFF in the light gradiant it would show what it would look like with the white color in there
            If that were possible, you would even need photoshop, let alone vButtonPro.

Comment

Ya know, I think you can make something like this in PHP!

PHP has some good image functions, and one of them includes a function for making gradients, given start and end color and orientation.
              :)

Comment

It's certainly possible.

Comment

Thanks again!!!
                  David Averill-Pence
                  -- [ Webmaster @ THETOLKIENFORUM.com ] --

"It is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succour of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule." -- "The Lord of the Rings"

Comment

run time error 429

activex component cant create object

Any ideas?

Comment

You're missing a runtime control. Try download the tabbled dialog control linked up top.
                      :)

Comment

TABCTL32.OCX was the problem, thanks

Comment

wow anybody got an screen shots of buttons they have made with this app ?

Comment

Sorry i have took so long to reply Delhaze, my comp has been in the shop but anyway'Z, great tool and it works fine for me, no errors. You got any other plans for the future, ie: making other tools to help members with there vbulletin boards ? Below is some buttons/images i made using vbutton pro.

Comment

This look terrific! Thanks!!

Anyone willing to share any color sets? Evidently I'm color impaired 'cause none of my trials look worth a darn.

Comment

I don't have Photoshop, but I just wanted to say that that program looks awesome. Good work!
                                http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment