Does hacking include the .js files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does hacking include the .js files?

I just showed someone how to add vBcode Buttons to the posting screen, but to do so you have to modify the Javascript files.

Is this considered hacking, or is it only for the PHP?

yes...
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Anything that involves changing the files that are in the zip you download from the members area is hacking. This goes at vbulletin.org

With the small exception of when someone from the vbulletin team here tells you to change something.
      Email: [email protected]
      Site: Under Construction

Comment

So I should delete it from the other thread, create a hack out of it and submit it to vb.org?

Comment

Probably, being that it is a hack, it should be over there. Not many people come here for hacks .

- SaintDog

Comment

Well it was only to help the particular user I was replying to... I wasn't planning on releasing it (seeing as it deas only with his personal format for the [ swf] tag). But I guess I will now, and see if anyone else likes it.

Comment

Many people may like it and 1 person may not, that is certainly no reason to short the other users - I say release it, it is sure to help at least one person.

- SaintDog

Comment

Yeah I guess...

Now I just gotta organise it into a txt

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X