Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Ratings for my Rap battle site!!! Everyone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Ratings for my Rap battle site!!! Everyone.

Ok I have 4 different styles,custom text in the member welcome text on the top,nice forums, and a couple of modified templates visit the site and rate it here in this format so i can enter this info into search engines

format of rating:

Styles: (1-10)
    text and forums (1-10)
    colors and logos (1-10)

and anything else you have to add:

and if you can rap register and post www.raptopia.com

hmm...Nice site but I have to admit I don't like the subject..I'm a HUGE fan of underground hiphop and I find it a disgrace that people like Eminem think they're even associated with hiphop..They're sellouts that make music about completely superficial things.

hehe..sorry bout that..I take my music serisouly. It drives me crazy when I hear anything by mainstream sellouts like Eminem, Jay-z, all those loosers

Comment

I will be honest with you, so please do not take this the wrong way, but there are way too many rap based website/forums on the net (the number grows daily). Most all of the websites cover the exact same thing and have basically the exact same forums in general (while some even have the same members). I would think differently of these websites/forums if there was something different about them, but honestly they are all the same except for the owner, design, and member/post/thread count.

One key reason I am not fond of rap boards/sites is the fact that most are rippers, while you are not, others have given these type of websites a bad name (which sticks, at least in the minds of designers - I think c-p0mpt has run into a few encounters with rap sites as well, I know I have).

Also, I agree with Prolex - Eminem is a mainstream sellout, I don't consider him hip-hop at all, just another rapper that can only make fun of other artists, talk about killing people consistantly, or other (which I will not mention here). I can not stand to hear anything from him, his annoying voice would keep me from buying anything with his name on it.

- SaintDog

Comment

Well i own a rap site too.. i dont like the payout to be quite honest... and u need to get a few things done on there to make the site different (agrees with saintdog)...

To Saintdog - the reason rap sites get bad reputation is because people like drastik go round and take portions of people's websites and puts them on his own... i found out he used my blue style last week ... i was very annoyed to say the least...
        Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

content aside, the site looks rather bland and the colors don't work all that well together. Try using one of the many color scheme creators that litter the 'net.

If you want grades:
          Style: 5
          Forum: 6
          Logo: 5.5
          - Insert viable disclaimer here -

ArtBeast!

Comment

I have a rap type of board as well, but i try to make it appeal to everyone.

Your board is pretty simply, nothing special. keep working at it. Just try and make it different....

Comment

To me, it just looks like a bunch of tables put together with mis matching colors. (the main page, at least, I didn't look at the forums)
              - Andrew Pfeifer

Comment

Originally posted by SaintDog
                I will be honest with you, so please do not take this the wrong way, but there are way too many rap based website/forums on the net (the number grows daily). Most all of the websites cover the exact same thing and have basically the exact same forums in general (while some even have the same members). I would think differently of these websites/forums if there was something different about them, but honestly they are all the same except for the owner, design, and member/post/thread count.

One key reason I am not fond of rap boards/sites is the fact that most are rippers, while you are not, others have given these type of websites a bad name (which sticks, at least in the minds of designers - I think c-p0mpt has run into a few encounters with rap sites as well, I know I have).

Also, I agree with Prolex - Eminem is a mainstream sellout, I don't consider him hip-hop at all, just another rapper that can only make fun of other artists, talk about killing people consistantly, or other (which I will not mention here). I can not stand to hear anything from him, his annoying voice would keep me from buying anything with his name on it.

- SaintDog
                I feel ya Saint Dog....

Comment

I agree there are entirely to many rap boards out there. I myself run one. However, I've been running a hiphop board since DISC, and Network54 boards were all the craze (1998-1999). Now it is getting completely out of hand. But I didn't come in this thread to discuss that. But rather to discuss the following comments:
                  Also, I agree with Prolex - Eminem is a mainstream sellout, I don't consider him hip-hop at all
                  I'm a HUGE fan of underground hiphop and I find it a disgrace that people like Eminem think they're even associated with hiphop..They're sellouts that make music about completely superficial things.
                  For one this a complete generalization of an entire style. Supported by those socially inadequate, nerds if you will. I own over fifty vinyl's from underground artists from the likes of Celph titled, to Poison Pen. And I love underground music. However those who seem to side and express comments such as "Screw commercial music, underground forever" really need to reevaluate themselves, and there love of Hip-Hop. Music should not be segregated through one's (the artists) popularity. Passion, lyrics, among additional key components should be the determining factor in ones liking. Seems childish if you ask me. Intentionally going against the grain to feel original? More then likely. You don't hate commercial music. You probably favor it. You just don't like being categorized as an impressionable teen. Well, grow up.

You two are obviously new jack's to the entire hip hop scene.
                  And it is quite evident both are you are inferior to my knowledge. So I will not even divulge in an additional response to your future comments. I have said all that needs to be said.

Regards, and no hate. Just open your minds.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowz

And it is quite evident both are you are inferior to my knowledge.
                    You had me going until that part.

Comment

You two are obviously new jack's to the entire hip hop scene. And it is quite evident both are you are inferior to my knowledge.
                      That statement was in reference to hip hip knowledge. I would never pass judgment on one's intellectual prowess. Unless I feel I specialize in that particular topic, as expressed on the subject of hip-hop. If there comments above reflected an opinion directed towards "Farmers who live in severally humid climates." I would have never made such a bold, and narcissistic statement.

I feel my reasoning is more then valid. So Paul, keep it moving.

Comment

lmfao at the Shadowz...

hit me up on AIM my friend...

AIM = XSMCOG
                        Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowz

That statement was in reference to hip hip knowledge. I would never pass judgment on one's intellectual prowess. Unless I feel I specialize in that particular topic, as expressed on the subject of hip-hop. If there comments above reflected an opinion directed towards "Farmers who live in severally humid climates." I would have never made such a bold, and narcissistic statement.

I feel my reasoning is more then valid. So Paul, keep it moving.
                          Online thesauruses are great huh? People sound funny when they use big words attempting to sound more intelligent than another person. You failed miserably, however.

It's THEIR, not THERE. Oh, and what is "severally" in the context you used?

That be's a good edumacation you'sn gots. Amma axe you where'n you go da schoowel.

Comment

Beside the fact that it is not my type of design and personal taste, I think this has the design of a warez site from 1995 Sorry.

Styles: (1-10) -- looks pretty default, nothing original - nice chosing of colors though. - 6
                            text and forums (1-10) -- since they are not my interest, i didn't bother, sorry. not too much boards, not too little either, so that is ok. Nice setup and use of my template hacks :P - 6
                            colors and logos (1-10) - colors and logo's are not my style, though you have been original with adding txt that way to category backgrounds. but .. just doesn't work in my imagination. - 6

Even though it is a 6
                            totally not my style and looks like a work in progres, that is why my final count is a 5, leaning to a 6. But I do not think it is worth a 6.

Comment

Severe as an adverb is severely, I mistakenly mispelled the word.
                              And I am flattered that you think my robust vocabulary was taken from a theusarus. However you are sadly incorrect. I find it more then amusing when you take attacks and over emphasize grammatical errors. Next time bring up pertinent points to the topic at hand. Rather then taking easy shots.

"The right punctuation of the hyperbole used in your post, was left aligned to encourage the microscopic dildo"

Blah...Save the nonsense for the little kids. You 30 year old, go-cart riding geek.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X