No announcement yet.

forumdisplay look... i need your oppinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i use utraedit for everything. graphs are done with photoshop7 (i finally bought the upgrade).
    anyway, firefly is right, is a little thick the threadbit. i will srink it by one or 2 lines. i will see a way arround and post the new threadbit soon. thank you all for your guidence.
    Floren Munteanu
    Axivo Inc.
    Axivo Searchlight - Turbocharge your web site

Comment

ok i shrink it down by 2 lines. i will have 15 threads displayed per page so i think i will be ok. let me know if is better. thanks.
      Floren Munteanu
      Axivo Inc.

Comment

That looks awsome!

I really like how it doesn't look like every other forum out there. Quite original.
        :)

Comment

I still find too large, thread bits aren't meant to be so big, even if you only have 15 threads per page (which could easily frustrate your users).
          Chen Avinadav
          Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

personally, i agree w/ firefly. if you want to do the previews, i would suggest using a title attribute in the <a> tag.

Comment

Originally posted by FireFly
              I still find too large, thread bits aren't meant to be so big, even if you only have 15 threads per page (which could easily frustrate your users).
              ya. you are right. however i dont want to have the VB classic look.. or of any board out there. the site will gravitate around tutorials and news related to tech world. the forums are a complement to the users, to devellop other issues.

my goal was to create something unique, not a regular bulletin board. i thought alot about it and decided to go with a look like that. but i definitelly take in consideration your point chen. i will make it in 2 styles then, with the classic look or the streched one you all see here. in this way, users will have the choice. i think is the best solution.

let me know what you think.
              Floren Munteanu
              Axivo Inc.

Comment

Unique is good, but not at the expense of useability.
                Chen Avinadav
                Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

Well, the best way to judge is to try it out for yourself.

Just add in a few more test threads to fill a page, and see how it looks. It might not look that bad...

Comment

this is what looks like with multiple threads.
                    Floren Munteanu
                    Axivo Inc.

Comment

I think it looks okay if there's 10 to 15 threads on one page, but it's probably a little too big if you want to display more... :- \

Comment

The amount of text can also confuse users who are browsing the forum to find specific threads. Forum display should be a smoove gateway to the actual threads, it's not supposed to have so much information.
                        Chen Avinadav

Comment

Originally posted by FireFly
                          The amount of text can also confuse users who are browsing the forum to find specific threads. Forum display should be a smoove gateway to the actual threads, it's not supposed to have so much information.
                          Well, I think that currently, with the display text, it's at the smallest it can be.

If nakkid were to remove the summaries and resize the on/off images, then the thread view can be slightly smaller, but I think that's the smallest it will go with the current design.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X