Catagory Header Gradiant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catagory Header Gradiant

I see everyone with this template mod. Where is the origional post to get a gradiant behind my catagory header?

Thankies

Don't have to modify a template...

Put the gradient image in your /images folder. Then go to Modify --> Styles, and open the fonts/colors/etc on the style set. Jump down to Main Colors and in Category Strip Background Color and/or Table Heading Background Color, and put in:

#bbbbbb" background="images/imagename.gif"

'imagename' being your gradient image.

the value #bbbbbb" before 'background' is the trick (doesn't necessarily have to be bbbbbb) but without a value there it won't work.

Good luck

Comment

Did this little trick and it works great. The problem I have now is with the VBportal as the front end. It seems it can't read this code to pull it over to the main page modules. Is there a way to do this and still keep the message board graphics intact?
      Last edited by Les Shaw; Sun 12th May '02, 10:47am.

Comment

Originally posted by Les Shaw
        Did this little trick and it works great. The problem I have now is with the VBportal as the front end. It seems it can't read this code to pull it over to the main page modules. Is there a way to do this and still keep the message board graphics intact?
        Don't know... You would have to ask on the vBPortal support site. Sounds like a bug in their software.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

you can edit the forumhome templates directly, adding the background="{imagesfolder}/something" to each cat td. That's what I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle69
            Don't have to modify a template...

Put the gradient image in your /images folder. Then go to Modify --> Styles, and open the fonts/colors/etc on the style set. Jump down to Main Colors and in Category Strip Background Color and/or Table Heading Background Color, and put in:

#bbbbbb" background="images/imagename.gif"

'imagename' being your gradient image.

the value #bbbbbb" before 'background' is the trick (doesn't necessarily have to be bbbbbb) but without a value there it won't work.

Good luck
            this trick don't work with opera 6.0, in this opera you must remove the backgroundcolor - tag, otherwise you have in opera only a colored title...

Comment

Hey,

I used this trick and it works. But it makes my linkcolour black, and I cannot change it. Also the link hover colour is black. Nomather what colour I enter in the cp. It's always black. What can I do about that?

Comment

you can also try and put in an absolute path to the gradiant image. This way your front-end (which is probably in a different folder) can find the image.

eg: www.mysite.com/forum/images/gradiant.jpg

Comment

psst, the thread is over 2 years old

Comment

I dont understand why people do things like that lol....atleast he is trying to help though, but i THINK there are some more recent topics

Comment

Finally an answer to this burning question. It's all I could think of for the past two years! You're a saviour, ajjewell.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X