Re-did my forums layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-did my forums layout

I just re-did my forums layout, theres still a few glitches that need to be fixed and especially on the top of the site, some graphix gotta be changed but id like to receive some oppinions on it n stuff like that

thanks

edit: link = http://www.open-fire.com/board

lol forgot to add it
    Last edited by ReT; Tue 16 Apr '02, 1:14pm.

Re: Re-did my forums layout

Originally posted by ReT
    I just re-did my forums layout, theres still a few glitches that need to be fixed and especially on the top of the site, some graphix gotta be changed but id like to receive some oppinions on it n stuff like that

thanks
    Im assuming your board is at http://www.open-fire.com/board/

if it is its nice and well put togeather.

if its not a link will do good..

Comment

Nice, but could you please restore the Jelsoft copyright notice? Having 'Powered by vBulletin' is only half of it.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yeah, looking good!
        We're Here Forums!
        [email protected]

Comment

Very nice layout!

(Is it just me, or does that remind you of yaXay?)
          :)

Comment

looks good. yaxay? nah, not really, they werent the first/only forum to have images in the categories.

i really like this board, quite good.
            ::::::: http://ffimpulse.com
            ::::::: http://ffimpulse.com/forum

Comment

Not images in the categories. I meant the 'Overall' look of the forum.

It reminds me of yaXay because of the on/off icons, the small header, and the light-orange/yellow colors.

Comment

Looks good to me. Doesn't remind me of yaxay at all. Some things in common, but nothing that wasn't done before yaxay. Im just glad to see more people working on their postbit templates. Your postbit looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by c-prompt
                  Looks good to me. Doesn't remind me of yaxay at all. Some things in common, but nothing that wasn't done before yaxay. Im just glad to see more people working on their postbit templates. Your postbit looks great.
                  Yeah, I guess it's just me, then...been staring at your design for waaaaay too long than what's normal.

Comment

Originally posted by eiSecure
                    Yeah, I guess it's just me, then...been staring at your design for waaaaay too long than what's normal.
                    lol I see what you are saying though. But none of these things were unique to yaxay. Nothing on yaxay is new. However the combination of things I did and such is unique for the forum.

The only thing on his design that looks anything like what I've done is the footer on a clients site at www.webfors.com. But Im sure its just coincendence.

Good job once again.

Comment

Great job.

However,a couple of suggestions:
                      In the footer the background which the powere by notice is on looks slightly different from surroudning one.
                      As far as postbit goes your "reg'd' and "loc" abbreviations make it look bad. Edit/quote/report butotns seme a bit out of place. Maybe modify a code to hide edit, report buttons when aprorpriately. Change the signature line. The default "_____" just looks bad.
                      Align signature to bottom. You can do that by creating a new table with two trs aligned respectively in place of the current post and signature html.

Comment

Thanks for all of youre comments, about the buttons being out of place, i noticed that aswell, and i will work on that, because it wasnt intentionally ment to be like that, they were supposed to be centered to the middle... and about the abbreviations, i used those because the word location or registered would take up like the half of the field

i will also work on the signature part, youre idea sounds good! the board overal still has some glitches wich need to be fixed, and wich WILL be fixed!

once again, thanks for all of youre comments... and glad you like it

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X