Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Hoch
    replied
    Yes it's turned on in the acp and in my profile. No, not blocking javascript.

So I sent myself a message here, and it also opens in the same window. So I checked my browsers settings and saw what the issue is for me

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Do you have vBulletin Messenger turned on in both the settings and your User Settings?

In the AdminCP you can turn it on under Settings -> Options -> Private Message and vBulletin Messenger Options.
    On your User Settings Page, it is under Account (/settings/account).

You can send messages to yourself to see how it works on this site.

If both of those are on, are you blocking any Javascript on your site?
    Are you specifically clicking on a conversation title?

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hoch
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    If you have vBulletin Messenger Enabled and open them from the drop down, each conversation will automatically open in a new window with a simplified interface.

It doesn't work that way on our site. It opens in the same window. I don't have any messages to test it here, but when I click the drop down and select new message it also opens in the same window.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    If you have vBulletin Messenger Enabled and open them from the drop down, each conversation will automatically open in a new window with a simplified interface.

For other links, I recommend against opening them in a new window automatically. Managing tabs on small screen devices can rapidly spiral out of control when doing this. Users can tap+hold, right-click or CTRL/CMD+Click to open any link in a new tab/window as they have their browser configured. Many controls aren't even links. They are Javascript hooks that have the end-user's device do something, even pull data from the server.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hoch
    started a topic [vB5] Opening "messages/message center" in a new window

Opening "messages/message center" in a new window

Me again

Anyone know which template to edit in order to open messages/message center in a new window?