Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change the IP and Infraction buttons in posts to display the actual IP and "give infraction" for moderators and admins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Template changes have to be made to either a parent (i.e. Themes) to be inherited by all styles under it. Or individual styles if their template is already customized. The template list will use colorization tell you if the changes are inherited from a parent or customized in that template.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hoch
    replied
    To clarify because it didn't seem to work, I need to make the changes to all of the installed default styles? I temporarily turned off the ability to change styles until I figure out all of the other tweaks that I can get to work that we had in vb4.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Edit the conversation_footer template and remove the h-hide-on-large CSS class from the sections for the IP Address and Infraction phrases. For the IP Address, change the {vb:phrase ip} tag to {vb:raw conversation.ipaddress} or add the conversation.address afterwards.

Code:
    <vb:if condition="!empty($controls['showIp'])">
        <li id="IP-{vb:var conversation.nodeid}" class="h-margin-top-xs b-post-control b-post-control--responsive js-post-control__ip-address js-link" tabindex="0" data-post-ip="{vb:raw conversation.ipaddress}" title="{vb:raw conversation.ipaddress}"><span class="b-icon b-icon__ip--gray b-post-control__icon"></span><span class="b-post-control__label h-hide-on-large">{vb:phrase ip}</span></li>
    </vb:if>
    Code:
    <vb:if condition="!empty($conversation['caninfract'])">
        <li class="h-margin-top-xs b-post-control b-post-control--responsive js-post-control__infraction js-link" tabindex="0" data-userid="{vb:raw conversation.userid}" title="{vb:phrase give_infraction_ginfraction}"><span class="b-icon b-icon__tickets--neutral b-post-control__icon"></span><span class="b-post-control__label h-hide-on-large">{vb:phrase infraction}</span></li>
    </vb:if>

Leave a comment:

• Change the IP and Infraction buttons in posts to display the actual IP and "give infraction" for moderators and admins

Basically the title says it all On vB4 I had some code changed in the postbit that removed the icon and showed the actual IP instead. I also had code that replaced the infraction button with "Give Infraction" text.

Now I admit that I haven't explored the new templates in depth yet, but this is something my moderators really want back.