Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background image for Header tabor

Hi There,
    I'm trying to customize my header. I've been working with the style variable header and have made lot of progress. However, I can't seem to figure out how to add a background image for any of the variables that allow it. For example, I'm working with the variable header_tabbar_background. I'm trying to specify a URL for the background image but nothing is working. I've tried using the file manager to upload the image and use the relative path. I've entered https://forum.1010music.com/core/css...Header1200.png and core/css/0/0/3/5/9/7//images/ForumHeaderblue.png into the background image field for this variable, and all it does is add a white background to my header. I tried it with an image that doesn't have any white in it and it still displays only a white background. What am I doing wrong? I've attached a screenshot of my settings.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	47
Size:	210.6 KB
ID:	4437159

Here's a screenshot of my page:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	39
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	4437160

Note, that I set the header_tabbar_height to 400 px.

I'd appreciate any help.

For the header_background stylevar (or any other stylevar where you wish to add a background image) use the following format:

url("images/misc/image.png") in the background image field.

I recommend placing the images in the images/misc folder located in the root directory. (The one outside of the core folder)

Comment

Originally posted by In Omnibus View Post
      I recommend placing the images in the images/misc folder located in the root directory. (The one outside of the core folder)
      They can't do this on Cloud. They can upload the image through the AdminCP using the vBCloud File Manager and the URL would be provided to them.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Christine1010 View Post
        Hi There,
        I'd appreciate any help.
        Set the value of the header_background background image variable to url('core/css/0/0/3/5/9/7/images/ForumHeaderblue.png').

Does that work for you?
        Last edited by Wayne Luke; Fri 20th Mar '20, 8:08am.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

Set the value of the header_background background image variable to url('core/css/0/0/3/5/9/7/images/ForumHeaderblue.png').

Does that work for you?
          Thanks you two! That did it! Now I see where it says to use the "URL('file.png') format in the site builder. But I would like to point out two things:
          1. The clue in the site builder doesn't show that I need to use the single quotes.
          2. When I copy the path from the file manager, there is an extra slash in there, so there is a double slash at one place in the URL.

Thanks again!

Comment

You can remove the extra slash. I'll have the developers look at that.

Quotes aren't technically required but I find they make things work better across different browsers.

Wayne Luke

Comment