X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• audiokarmallc
    replied
    Originally posted by Replicant View Post
    If Audiokarma Off Topic Forums already exists, click edit, set act as channel to no, then move those other forums into it, set each forum act as channel to yes.
    It is already set channel = no. That is why I think there is an issue because even channels set to no have a an additional category bar below it.

Leave a comment:

• Replicant
    commented on 's reply
    Can you do a screenshot of your channel manager where it lists all the forums?

• Replicant
    replied
    If Audiokarma Off Topic Forums already exists, click edit, set act as channel to no, then move those other forums into it, set each forum act as channel to yes.

Leave a comment:

• audiokarmallc
    replied
    No, don't delete anything.

Just for example:

Create your category : "Audiokarma Off Topic Forums" , then move the forums "General Off Topic Forums", "Wheels, Wings, Mud, and Water", "Sports & Outdoor Adventure", "Cooking & Spirits", "Musical Instruments", and "Cameras and Photography" into that new Category.
    What happens to the existing category? Or do I delete those after the move?

EDIT: just went into the admin console and tried to create a new channel and when I hit save, nothing happens. Something is broken.
    Last edited by audiokarmallc; Tue 3rd Mar '15, 8:11am.

Leave a comment:

• Replicant
    replied
    No, don't delete anything.

Just for example:

Create your category : "Audiokarma Off Topic Forums" , then move the forums "General Off Topic Forums", "Wheels, Wings, Mud, and Water", "Sports & Outdoor Adventure", "Cooking & Spirits", "Musical Instruments", and "Cameras and Photography" into that new Category.

Leave a comment:

• audiokarmallc
    replied
    It can all be done in the Admincp channel manager. Recreate the categories you have on the old forum, then move each forum into the appropriate category. It's literally three clicks per forum and shouldn't take more than 20-30 minutes.
    So, delete the existing categories and make new ones? I think this is a flaw in vBulletin if it cannot migrate the existing structure. I have over 100 forums (channels).

Leave a comment:

• Replicant
    replied
    It can all be done in the Admincp channel manager. Recreate the categories you have on the old forum, then move each forum into the appropriate category. It's literally three clicks per forum and shouldn't take more than 20-30 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• audiokarmallc
    replied
    I went into channel (forum) management and my categories are still there (channel =no) with the appropriate sub forums set (channel=yes and parent set) I don't see any blank categories yet every channel and every category has a blank category bar? Is this an error during upgrade or the standard for how the upgrade handles all channels and categories and how do I remove them?

See the attached screen grab. Even the category has an additional blank category bar.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by audiokarmallc; Tue 3rd Mar '15, 6:14am. Reason: add pic

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    They are category bars...they appear blank like that because no categories have been set.

Create a category and move all the forums under that category.

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    That will just change the background. If you want to remove it, you have to hide it via custom CSS in css_additional.css

Code:
    .forum-list-container .category-header { display: none; }

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Try modifying the stylevar primary_module_subheader_background.

Leave a comment:

• audiokarmallc
    started a topic How to remove bars between channels

How to remove bars between channels

See the attached screen grab. I just upgraded from 3.8.6 to 5.1.5. How do I remove the bars between the channels (forums)?