Got any tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got any tips?

Im new to this and I opened my board not too long ago. Check it out and gimmie some feedback on making it better. All help is welcome

http://www.ryanmcbain.com/forums/
    Last edited by Ryan McBain; Wed 20th Mar '02, 7:23pm.

up

Comment

Not making up posts just to get your link out there would be great.

You've done everything from asking about purchasing styles to lord knows what...yet you've never been serious about anything.

Your site will get visitors, not this way.

Comment

Originally posted by qwaz
        Not making up posts just to get your link out there would be great.

You've done everything from asking about purchasing styles to lord knows what...yet you've never been serious about anything.

Your site will get visitors, not this way.
        Actually I am serious. That's why I'm asking for tips. Last time I checked this board was here to help people.

But any ways thank you for your insight. c-ya

Comment

Don't let that response bother you Ryan. It's obvious to me that you were sincere.

I hadn't really checked out your forum because I'm not a good critic. One thing I would suggest however is to add a little color to it. It's a little too monochrome for my tastes.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
            Don't let that response bother you Ryan. It's obvious to me that you were sincere.

I hadn't really checked out your forum because I'm not a good critic. One thing I would suggest however is to add a little color to it. It's a little too monochrome for my tastes.
            Thanks smachol.

Yeah I want to add color but I don't really know what would look good with the colors I have. I really do like the monochrone look though

Comment

You can still keep it basically monochrome. Maybe a different button set - perhaps dark blue - would look good with it. Try out a few things to see what it looks like. All of my styles are built on lots of trial-and-error.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The one thing I suggest is making the header area be equal width as the forums. Right now it goes wider and it almost looks, (to me), like it was a mistake.

Everything else looks pretty normal for a forum. Not much else to critique.

Comment

Originally posted by c-prompt
                  The one thing I suggest is making the header area be equal width as the forums. Right now it goes wider and it almost looks, (to me), like it was a mistake.

Everything else looks pretty normal for a forum. Not much else to critique.
                  Everything looks normal to me. What do you mean by header? Pardon me for my ignorance

Comment

It's okay, no need to apologize. The Header would include everything at the top of the forum, which is usually composed of a main banner and navigation.
                    http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

Ok i got ya. Hmmm i dont think the header doesnt look bad in that spot. I could be wrong. thanks for the feed back though

Comment

I agree with c-pr0mpt, of course it is up to you, but I would make the header the same width as the rest of the forum. Other from the header being off (in my opinion, you may like it which is fine), the rest looks nice to me.

SaintDog

Comment

Looks good ryan. Good luck with it.

I see you have a section on poetry.

I set one up for a friend on my forum. Never been into t myself, but she has posted some nice stuff

Cheers
                          PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Comment

Thanks jmd. I checked out your board, nice site overall. I posted a little poem on there as well

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X