Showing Post level info at the thread level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showing Post level info at the thread level

I have a forum where only the person who starts a thread can reply to it. Effectively every thread has one author. So I am trying to streamline the display.

When displaying a thread, I would like to display what would typically be in the postbits templates, once and only once at the top of the page. For instance I would like to have the users title and avatar at the top of the thread... probably in the table header bar. However, if I use variables like $post[joindate] at the showthread template level, it doesn't resolve correctly. Can anyone think of a quick workaround?

Here is a small portion of the showthread template that I want to change. This works:
    PHP Code:
    <td width="100%"><normalfont color="#EEEEFF"><b>$thread[title]</b><font color="cyan"><br>
    by $thread[postusername]</font></normalfont></td
    this doesn't work (look at the second half of the second line):
    PHP Code:
    <td width="100%"><normalfont color="#EEEEFF"><b>$thread[title]</b><font color="cyan"><br>
    by $thread[postusername]</font><br><br>$post[avatar]</normalfont></td
    Do people get what I'm trying to do?

Well, I figured out many of the template questions I had, but not all of them. Anyone have an idea of how to change the showthread template so that I can display the signature, title, and number of posts of the user who posted the first message of a thread?

Do I need to hack the showthread.php file? <-- Something I'd like to avoid.

Here is the current state of this style I've deveoloped for my journal forum: http://www.improvisation.ws/mb/showt...&threadid=3714

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X