Backing up changed templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backing up changed templates

I am just wondering if a changed TP will download when saving a style set, that way I can make new styles with TP mods still in tack.

Thanks

If the Style Set contains the Template set you want to save. then yes - donwloading the style will also download the templates you want to save.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank You smachol

So when I download a style set it will always include templates, replacement vars ...

The other thing I figured out, hope correctly, was to change the top line of the downloaded style set to point to my test1 style. It seems to have carried over some small Tp mods.
      Last edited by Breeze; Sun 10th Feb '02, 7:00pm.

Comment

Re: Thank You smachol

Originally posted by Breeze
        So when I download a style set it will always include templates, replacement vars ...
        Yes, since a Style is simply the Replacement set plus the Template set.

The other thing I figured out, hope correctly, was to change the top line of the downloaded style set to point to my test1 style. It seems to have carried over some small Tp mods.
        I'm really not sure exactly what you've done here or why. And I wouldn't recommend editing the .style files. There's really no reason to do this.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I wanted to download a style set (includ template changes I made) but to re upload them they became a second set of default which I didn't see where to change that to my new name of test1.

Maybe it was something easy I missed. I have been at this all weekend long.

Comment

Working...
          X