making a half table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making a half table

I am wondering, how would you go about creating I guess, you would call hald table!

look at my attachment, this is a sample of a post, the red is where I want to add, a table, but I don't want it to span across, this whole post, just like half, way through as indicated by the red line, thanks!

So insert a table at the top of the cell in postbit. Make it align right, and span only 50%.

Comment

thanks bud, could I get the ezact code real quick

Thanks much!

Comment

In postbit template find:

Code:
        <td bgcolor="$post[backcolor]" width="100%" valign="top">
        Add this below that
        Code:
        <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" align="right" width="50%">
        <tr>
        <td width="100%">Stuff you want in table here</td>
        </tr>
        </table>
        <br>

Comment

Yes thanks much bud
          may you live a long and HAPPY life!

Comment

actually how would I make it so that is the same thing like the bottom
            so red would be the same thing as blue ( so that it has a border, and connects with the other tables

you get what I am saying?

thanks again for taking your time and helping

Comment

You cant if you want it to only be a half. To add a border of same color just replace border="0" with border="1". Then add bordercolor="colorhere".

Comment

You could use either DIV's or SPAN's, however, to suit your needs better. They can get more "exact" and SPAN's are non-breaking.

-Vic

Comment

wait what do you mean Guy above?

so theres no way to make it half a table, and still conect with the rest ??

Comment

From what I understand of your original post, you want to shorten the length of the quote box? If so, then just use a table, however, if you want to use two tables on the same row, use a SPAN.

-Vic

Comment

could you give me the code bud?, I am not all that great at html

I want half a table, where the red line is, and I want it connected with the rest of the lines/tables

you get me?

thanks!

Comment

eh?

Comment

so this is are isn't possible??

Comment

That last guy that responded, left the impression that there is?

Comment

If I understand you correctly, then yes it is possible. You are going to have to watch the cellpadding, and cellspacing for what you are trying to do. So the border you have is a border, but these forums use cellspacing in a table, and then nest another table inside of it to make the lined border. If you do something like that then it will match the borders of that table, and will fit in better. Sorry, but I don't have time to work it up and give you the code right now, so hopefully someone else will be able to.
                              We're Here Forums!
                              [email protected]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X