Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas P
    replied
    To get this working in vB3.5 you have to modify forumhome_forumbit_level2_post and threadbit

Look for the following in forumhome_forumbit_level2_post:
    Code:
    <td class="alt1Active" align="$stylevar[left]" id="f$forum[forumid]">
    and for the following in threadbit:
    Code:
    <td class="alt1" id="td_title_$thread[realthreadid]" title="$thread[preview]">
    add the following within the <td>-tag to highlight when hovering:
    Code:
    onMouseOver="this.style.backgroundColor='#FFFFFF';" onMouseOut="this.style.backgroundColor='#888888';"
    Change colors to whatever matches your forum style, you can define a class instead (this.style.class=).

So it has to look like that for forumhome_forumbit_level2_post:
    Code:
    <td class="alt1" id="td_title_$thread[realthreadid]" title="$thread[preview]" onMouseOver="this.style.backgroundColor='#FFFFFF';" onMouseOut="this.style.backgroundColor='#888888';">
    Demo: www.mcseboard.de

Leave a comment:

• Stussi
    replied
    I know that ther's some commented out code in main css but this one works only with the IE and looks not as nice as the one for vb2.

Is there a possibility to release the vb2 hack for vb3 so that it'll work with all browsers? Only the tables in forumhome...

Thanks!

(Sorry for my bad english)

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Yes.
    Kier made this in the beta 1 release of vBulletin
    I saw this when I sneaked in to the beta site when it was first introduced to the public

Leave a comment:

• Loyalty4Life
    replied
    Can this be done with vB3?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    MouseOver!

Just added it to my forums and it works perfectly, just what i was looking for thanks.

Blizz.
    Last edited by Blizz; Fri 11 Apr '03, 6:11am.

Leave a comment:

• Beanyhead
    replied
    Very cool

Leave a comment:

• LoneWolf
    replied
    Worked great!!!

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Anjie
    replied
    Thank you! You guys are amazing! Yet another set I've added to the new site.

Leave a comment:

• vetrivex
    replied
    thank you, very easy and I love it, it took my less than 3 minutes, I appreciate you making this extremly simple hack everyone should get it!!!!

-Brian

Leave a comment:

• I cEXL
    replied
    What about for sub-forums?

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    IMPORTANT

Support for this particular thread has been dropped by me. I have created a new thread which you can find here

Leave a comment:

• miketyler
    replied
    its fixed

This is for anyone who bothered to read my earlier request for help and might have experienced similar issues.

When the rollover code was cut and pasted into the proper template you would get funky blue and green static colors on the forum home page. When you returned to the same template thru the control panel there would now be back slashes inserted everywhere there was a space previously. This was being created by corrupt global.php files.

I replaced them (all three) with originals and all works fine.

Hope this may help someone

FYI
    Last edited by miketyler; Fri 24 May '02, 12:19pm.

Leave a comment:

• cessna140
    replied
    Originally posted by xiphoid
    Very strange. Very. Quote from changelog

(17/05/02 @ 22:00) Got the cool new button set to match our site from Xanthine who had a friend to make it for us - way cool, and way way thank you!
    Not sure what you are talking about but I just visited your site again and it looks just like the pic, no difference.

Have re-re-read the thread and cannot figure out what I have done incorrectly. Again, the highlight works correctly on the main forum page and the thread listing but not on the secondary forums. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by cessna140
    My forums are not public yet. I will re-re-read the thread again.

I took the pic at 10:30MDT today.
    Very strange. Very. Quote from changelog

(17/05/02 @ 22:00) Got the cool new button set to match our site from Xanthine who had a friend to make it for us - way cool, and way way thank you!

Leave a comment:

• cessna140
    replied
    My forums are not public yet. I will re-re-read the thread again.

I took the pic at 10:30MDT today.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X