No announcement yet.

[HowTo] Make your boards highlight with onMouseOver (template) hack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you! You guys are amazing! Yet another set I've added to the new site.

Comment

Worked great!!!

Thanks

Comment

Very cool

Comment

MouseOver!

Just added it to my forums and it works perfectly, just what i was looking for thanks.

Blizz.
          Last edited by Blizz; Fri 11 Apr '03, 5:11am.

Comment

Can this be done with vB3?

Comment

Yes.
              Kier made this in the beta 1 release of vBulletin
              I saw this when I sneaked in to the beta site when it was first introduced to the public

Comment

I know that ther's some commented out code in main css but this one works only with the IE and looks not as nice as the one for vb2.

Is there a possibility to release the vb2 hack for vb3 so that it'll work with all browsers? Only the tables in forumhome...

Thanks!

(Sorry for my bad english)

Comment

To get this working in vB3.5 you have to modify forumhome_forumbit_level2_post and threadbit

Look for the following in forumhome_forumbit_level2_post:
                  Code:
                  <td class="alt1Active" align="$stylevar[left]" id="f$forum[forumid]">
                  and for the following in threadbit:
                  Code:
                  <td class="alt1" id="td_title_$thread[realthreadid]" title="$thread[preview]">
                  add the following within the <td>-tag to highlight when hovering:
                  Code:
                  onMouseOver="this.style.backgroundColor='#FFFFFF';" onMouseOut="this.style.backgroundColor='#888888';"
                  Change colors to whatever matches your forum style, you can define a class instead (this.style.class=).

So it has to look like that for forumhome_forumbit_level2_post:
                  Code:
                  <td class="alt1" id="td_title_$thread[realthreadid]" title="$thread[preview]" onMouseOver="this.style.backgroundColor='#FFFFFF';" onMouseOut="this.style.backgroundColor='#888888';">
                  Demo: www.mcseboard.de
                  http://www.mcseboard.de/images/buttons/lastpost.gif www.MCSEboard.de
                  German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X