No announcement yet.

[HowTo] Make your boards highlight with onMouseOver (template) hack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a difference between forumhome & forumdisplay template.

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaargh stupid me.

Thx xiphoid.

Comment

Originally posted by N9ne
        For highlighting announcements, you say find the template "foruX", what template is this? I cannot find it.

Please excuse me if this is a silly question, but I'm still not that accustomed to vB as i've only owned one for a few months.

Thanks in advance!

I have the same question. Did you ever get an answer or figure it out?

Thanks xiphoid. I like it very much.

Also thanks to JTMON for explaining how to apply it to the threadlist. I am a neophyte so that was very helpful.

Comment

BUMP

No, I never found out

Comment

Bumping posts suck

forumdisplay_announcement
            Which would be obvious I think, sorry that my first post wasn't clear, I never noticed that the forum template was mixed up after deleting an obsolete line. Fixed now.

<td bgcolor="{firstaltcolor}" align="left" onMouseOver="this.style.backgroundColor='{secondaltcolor}'; this.style.cursor='hand';" onMouseOut="this.style.backgroundColor='{firstaltcolor}';" onClick="window.location.href='announcement.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&forumid=$foruminfo[forumid]'"><normalfont><b>Announcement: </b>
            This is what I have instead of the original <td> tag in the template.

Comment

okay maybe its just me but I cant get the code to work. I cut and paste the new code in and remove the line :
              < td bgcolor="{firstaltcolor}" align="left >

and I get some wierd static blue and green colors.

can you offer any advice to me on this seemingly simple task?

Comment

Re: [HowTo] Make your boards highlight with onMouseOver (template) hack

Originally posted by xiphoid

The Result
                You can goto creations.nl and see how it looks! [/B]
                Hello, I have this working on the main home page and the thread page but not on the sub forum pages. Which templates need to be altered to accomplish this? Thanks in advance. I have attached an image of your forum to show you what I am after.

Comment

WHAT

What is the URL to your forum ?

When did you take that picture, because that button on/off was there for like 12 seconds a few days ago. Weird.

I think I already explained in the thread how to get the same effect on other pages. Re-read the thread please.
                  Last edited by Floris; Tue 21 May '02, 9:18am.

Comment

My forums are not public yet. I will re-re-read the thread again.

I took the pic at 10:30MDT today.

Comment

Originally posted by cessna140
                      My forums are not public yet. I will re-re-read the thread again.

I took the pic at 10:30MDT today.
                      Very strange. Very. Quote from changelog

(17/05/02 @ 22:00) Got the cool new button set to match our site from Xanthine who had a friend to make it for us - way cool, and way way thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
                        Very strange. Very. Quote from changelog

(17/05/02 @ 22:00) Got the cool new button set to match our site from Xanthine who had a friend to make it for us - way cool, and way way thank you!
                        Not sure what you are talking about but I just visited your site again and it looks just like the pic, no difference.

Have re-re-read the thread and cannot figure out what I have done incorrectly. Again, the highlight works correctly on the main forum page and the thread listing but not on the secondary forums. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Comment

its fixed

This is for anyone who bothered to read my earlier request for help and might have experienced similar issues.

When the rollover code was cut and pasted into the proper template you would get funky blue and green static colors on the forum home page. When you returned to the same template thru the control panel there would now be back slashes inserted everywhere there was a space previously. This was being created by corrupt global.php files.

I replaced them (all three) with originals and all works fine.

Hope this may help someone

FYI
                          Last edited by miketyler; Fri 24 May '02, 11:19am.

Comment

IMPORTANT

Support for this particular thread has been dropped by me. I have created a new thread which you can find here

Comment

What about for sub-forums?

Comment

thank you, very easy and I love it, it took my less than 3 minutes, I appreciate you making this extremly simple hack everyone should get it!!!!

-Brian

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X