[HowTo] Make your boards highlight with onMouseOver (template) hack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LanciaStratos
    Is there any way this could be modified so that the hyperlinked text (linking to the forum or thread) could change to it's appropriate CSS rollover color when another part of the table is highlighted?
    Yes, maybe. I think!
    But that has nothing to do with this rollover? The code already uses for the rollover, the first & alt board colours. The link is set through the admin control panel.. and doesn't involve this hack.

Comment

very nice , im using it at my forum
      www.mindsights.com

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid

Yes, maybe. I think!
        But that has nothing to do with this rollover? The code already uses for the rollover, the first & alt board colours. The link is set through the admin control panel.. and doesn't involve this hack.
        Well, I'm not sure if you understand my question, so here's a screenshot as an example. The image on the top shows what happens when you put your cursor over some part of the cell that is linked to a forum. The background changes colors, but the title of the forum stays the same color.

In the second picture, you'll notice that text is now black, the color you've defined in your AdminCP (done with CSS). Right now, this only happens when you put your cursor directly over the text. Is there any way that the text can turn black when you hover your cursor over any part of the cell, so that it all changes colors at the same time?

Comment

Yep, I already understood you perfectly!

I think the problem is, the link is <a> tag related and the background of the table is <td> related. I have no idea how to merge them together. Maybe it is possible to alter the font of a tell when onMouseOver .. let me think about it today and hopefully my brain has learned from w3.org CSS recommendation.

Comment

Yep, I already understood you perfectly!

I think the problem is, the link is <a> tag related and the background of the table is <td> related. I have no idea how to merge them together. Maybe it is possible to alter the font of a tell when onMouseOver .. let me think about it today and hopefully my brain has learned from w3.org CSS recommendation.
            Oh, OK. There's got to be some way to do it, I know...the question is how!

Comment

LoL!

I just did this without looking at your example, here.

Had I known this was posted here, it wouldn't have needed to search for an old webpage I wrote it for.

it's a nifty dhtml-java script. *nods*

Comment

outta curiousity.. if you're using some sorta image background for that table area (and im not now, but its an idea), like one that is slightly beveled or something, is there a way to swap the image instead of the color?

Comment

Originally posted by iconic
                  outta curiousity.. if you're using some sorta image background for that table area (and im not now, but its an idea), like one that is slightly beveled or something, is there a way to swap the image instead of the color?
                  First of all, kick a55 signature nice graphic

Ok, I just went through my archive of forum changes and found this:

Just added the category background image, instead of the background colour :P This gives it a little bit more dimension and graphic look that we wish to gain

sweet ass

Forum home template
                  >> forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost
                  (i tried to put it in the <tr> but that didn't do it)
                  > <td background="images/catbgtitle.gif" bgcolor="{categorybackcolor}">

Comment

First of all, kick a55 signature nice graphic

Ok, I just went through my archive of forum changes and found this:

Thanks, and THANKS!

heh.. i gotta change my sig if/when i ever get around to it.. i use 3vil on some forums and iconic on others, depending on my mood

Comment

Very nice. Works perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Dea
                        Very nice. Works perfectly.
                        Always nice to hear

Comment

Great feature here! I love it. So easy to do!! Thanks

I did it to my home page and my forum pages.

Comment

Great

Hi xiphoid,

another great template hack from you I enjoy!
                            Hacked it right in: http://mcseboard.de
                            Thanks!
                            -Tom
                            http://www.mcseboard.de/images/buttons/lastpost.gif www.MCSEboard.de
                            German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

Re: Great

Originally posted by Thomas P
                              Hi xiphoid,

another great template hack from you I enjoy!
                              Hacked it right in: http://mcseboard.de
                              Thanks!
                              -Tom
                              &

Originally posted by Visionray
                              Great feature here! I love it. So easy to do!! Thanks

I did it to my home page and my forum pages.
                              I am happy to hear that And thank you guys for applying

Comment

Originally posted by iconic
                                Yes there is. Oddly, I submitted it to Dynamic Drive, and they didn't bother to post it. *slighty peeved by that sicne they don't have anything like it*.

I've never seen it done anywhere else, btw.

here is it=>

<td valign="top" background="images/imageone.gif"
                                onMouseover="this.style.backgroundImage='url(images/imagetwo.gif)'" onMouseout="this.style.backgroundImage='url
                                (images/imageone.gif)'">

I was using on my website up until today. It would be nice if you included me in the comments somewhere. Remember to keep all of the ' " quotes and () brackets in the right place.

it's been tested by me in NS 6.0, 6.1, IE 5.0 - 6.0, IE 5.0 Mac, and uh.... whatever the latest Opera browser is.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X