No announcement yet.

[HowTo] Make your boards highlight with onMouseOver (template) hack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, easy mod and it looks really good on my site! Thanks for this one!

Talon

Comment

Originally posted by Talon3DHQ
      Wow, easy mod and it looks really good on my site! Thanks for this one!

Talon
      No problem, and I am happy that you like it. Visited your site: sweet

Comment

Well, thank you very much! We just redid the whole darn thing, and have alot we want to do. Right now, it is a general "hang out", but we have lots of ideas!

Comment

Ok, quick question about the mouse over. If you at my forums home page, where the Private messages and Who's online is, is there a way to make those two fields/tables, do the same thing?

Talon

Comment

In forumhome_pmloggedin

Find:
            Code:
            <td bgcolor="#F1F1F1" colspan="5">
            Replace with:
            Code:
            <td bgcolor="#F1F1F1" colspan="5" onMouseOver="this.style.backgroundColor='#DFDFDF'; 
            this.style.cursor='hand';" 
            onMouseOut="this.style.backgroundColor='#F1F1F1';" 
            onClick="window.location.href='private.php?s=$session[sessionhash]'">
            In forumhome_loggedinusers
            Code:
            <td bgcolor="#F1F1F1" colspan="6">
            Replace with:
            Code:
            <td bgcolor="#F1F1F1" colspan="6" onMouseOver="this.style.backgroundColor='#DFDFDF'; 
            this.style.cursor='hand';" 
            onMouseOut="this.style.backgroundColor='#F1F1F1';" 
            onClick="window.location.href='online.php?s=$session[sessionhash]'">
            Replace #DFDFDF with {secondaltcolor } without space.
            Replace #F1F1F1 with {firstaltcolor } without space.

That should do it.
            Last edited by c-prompt; Tue 5th Feb '02, 2:10pm.

Comment

This may be usefull to some http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=24664 it was for me (if you use it make sure to edit the .php3 to the version ur using ie. .php)

Comment

Originally posted by Arsenik
                This may be usefull to some http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=24664 it was for me (if you use it make sure to edit the .php3 to the version ur using ie. .php)
                Ah, nice I didn't see that one, when we were trying to get this to work
                Last edited by Floris; Wed 6th Feb '02, 1:49am.

Comment

worked great! thanks

Comment

thanks for all of the great tips guys!

Comment

Thanks for the great hack Xiphoid! Works perfectly. I would also like to thank the others who have responded to this thread as well.

RoC

Comment

your welcome and SWEET site you have there!
                        JTMON

Comment

Thanks JTMON. I appreciate the comments. I wish I could say that I designed the site but unfortunately, all I did was the forums. We used to run a UBB a few weeks back but I decided to "upgrade" to vBulletin. The import went without a hitch and all the members seem to be very, very happy with all the "new toys" they can now play with.

Your site is very cool as well. It's amazing what you guys can do with a little php programming. I'm still in amazement that a site can be built based on vBulletin.

Take care bro.

RoC

Comment

Those are great

Thanks a lot for sharing those template changes. Its fun to throw new stuff at my friends when they least expect it

oops spoke too soon, I am getting a "done but with errors" display in lower left hand corner. Any idea how to find out what the errors are?

Ok double oops, I forgot this "> gee I am amazed it worked with out.
                            Last edited by Breeze; Thu 7th Feb '02, 3:36pm.

Comment

I just installed the mouseover in my template and it worked great. I love the way it looks. I would also like to have the mouseovers once I go into a forum. What templates do I need to modify?

Thanks,
                              Netman
                              http://www.maxxfusion.com

Comment

Originally posted by netman
                                I just installed the mouseover in my template and it worked great. I love the way it looks. I would also like to have the mouseovers once I go into a forum. What templates do I need to modify?

Thanks,
                                Netman
                                Take a look at this post to see what template to modify
                                Originally posted by Arsenik

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X