Trouble With "Forum Listing Display Options" and forum Heirarchy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [vB4] Trouble With "Forum Listing Display Options" and forum Heirarchy

Just starting working with Vbulletin and had a forum organization question.

I am trying to create my heirarchy to display forums at appropriate levels. I am attempting to use the "Depth of Forums" options to fit the look that I desire.

My forum is setup in the following manner with a lot of categories. I want to be able to show multiple levels at each forum page where I can dictate how the organization is.

Home
    -- USA (Category)
    ---- California (Category)
    ------San Diego (Category)
    --------Location X (Category)
    ---------- Category A
    ------------Location XY
    -------------- TBD
    ------CityXYZ

I got the following to work n the Forum Home Page:

Home
    -- USA
    ----California
    Subforums: San Diego CityXYZ CityXYZ

1. How do I get rid of the "Sub-Forums" text?

2. How do I format the display of the forums on the home page (if i wanted 3 levels of forums and a vertical look with level 2 being a different color and indented differently than level 3)

3. As you get deeper into sub-categories, I would like it to show the name of the sub-category and select whether I display follow-in sub-categories horizontally or vertically under the parent sub-category. Is something like this possible?
    Last edited by cpatel529; Sat 17 Sep '11, 1:34pm.

1. You need to remove it from the templates (search "subforumlistlabel" in Search in Templates):
    HTML Code:
    <h4 class="subforumlistlabel">{vb:rawphrase subforums}:</h4>
    2. You'd need to modify the code which is something you can ask about over on vbulletin.org, the modification site.

3. See 2.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
      1. You need to remove it from the templates (search "subforumlistlabel" in Search in Templates):
      HTML Code:
      <h4 class="subforumlistlabel">{vb:rawphrase subforums}:</h4>
      2. You'd need to modify the code which is something you can ask about over on vbulletin.org, the modification site.

3. See 2.
      Sorry for the late reply but thanks for the help! Part 1 worked. I asked about Part 2 and 3 in the modifications forum. If I knew which file I had to look at, I may be able to see where to add line breaks but just digging through the code itself is a process. I enjoy it though since it makes you learn the code and how things work.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X