Need help customizing generated style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [vB4] Need help customizing generated style

Hey all, I created a dark style using the skin generator, yet I am having problems going back and changing some of the text colors. I attempted to use firebug to figure out which specific templates needed to be changed, but that didn't seem to work. Do I need to add something to additional.css?

I'm running 4.1.1 by the way.

Can anyone help me clean up a dark style to make it legible? The text is too dark and blends in with the rest of the skin but I can't seem to figure out what to edit.

Thanks in advance.

I took a few screenshots to show what I'm talking about. They're from several different parts of the board, I just wanted to show that the problem is widespread and not just on one part of the board.

Reputation/ip/report buttons washed out:

Visitor message tab washed on out profile page:

Text on blog home page:

Comment

We would need an actual link to the pages in order to figure out what is going on (I use firebug and can't just look at an image and see what is happening).

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Can I send you a private message with the link?

Comment

I'd stil like to pm you the link if that's alright, I know you ignore private messages if you haven't previously authorized them.

Comment

Why so secretive with your url? There's a lot of sharp folks in here that can spot a problem in thier sleep. But to get that help like Lynne said we need a link to your site.
            BTW When you make a dark theme the real fun part is setting the text color so it's readable. Look in the stylevars for anything that has the word color in it. That's text. Also look for links in the stylevars as a goodly amount of the text in the forum index and thread index are links.
            As for the controls along the bottom of a post such as report post, the icons are black to start with. You'll have to change the icon back ground to something like a dark gray. Just light enough to see the icons but not break the root theme color. See attachment.
            Attached Files

Comment

The site has adult content and I know I'm not supposed to share websites of that nature on this forum.

Edit to add: I noticed the non-dark generated styles had a lot more options for customizations, why did the dark themes have those additional options removed? I would rather have the dark theme than any of the others, but I can't seem to get it to look right.

Comment

Sorry traen, I was traveling the last couple days and not reading the forum. Go ahead and PM me the site url details. Can you please link to this thread also so I know what the problem is. Thanks.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

No problem thanks Lynne.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X