Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I give a unique color the the subforums listed ("comma list) in forumhome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [vB4] How do I give a unique color the the subforums listed ("comma list) in forumhome?

I need to find a way which will give only the subforums (forums inside other forums) a unique color on the main page. I can change their color by changing the default color for links, but if I make this text black, but then all the links in messages will become black as well.

I don't think this can be done via Stylevars, but is there something I can add to additional.css to control the color of these (and only these) text elements, or at least - for both the main forum *and* the subforums listed on the main page?

(It would also be good to be able to remove the actual commas.)
    Attached Files
    The Vegan Forum

How about:
    HTML Code:
    li.subforum a {color: red;}
    And to remove the commas:
    HTML Code:
    .commalist li.subforum:after {    content: "";
    }

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Thanks a lot. I'll check that ASAP (except the "red" part...)
      The Vegan Forum

Comment

I tried to add this to additional.css with no success. I'm obviously missing something regarding where this code should be added.
        The Vegan Forum

Comment

I tested it on my 4.1.4 test site in the additional.css template and it worked fine. Are you adding it to the template for that particular style?

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Yes, I did, but obviously checked if it works by looking at the wrong style. Thanks again!
            The Vegan Forum

Comment

LOL Glad it's working now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X