Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Successfulsteps
    replied
    Thanks Andy! I'll try that. I have previously watched the video they have up on finding the stylvars with Firebug and I do use it. The only way though I was able to find the one in the WGO's area was that I remembered awhile ago when the coder told me that they changed to the color #CCCCCC so I ran a search through the templates, CSS and stylvars for CCCCCC and that is how I found the options.css one. I have hadn't much luck yet on finding everything with Firebug.

I did think that the vbulletin techs would answer these questions and that is what this forum was for. I am very surprised they haven't replied here on this thread. I may put in a support ticket regarding it since they don't seem to want to answer this question. I am disappointed by that.

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Here is a link which should help you with the changes you request Successfulsteps.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...-using-Firebug

Leave a comment:

• Successfulsteps
    replied
    Ok, I found where the grey was, it was in the options.css and now I have changed that to the same color as the rest of the forum displays. But I still need to know about #2 above in my first question on increasing the size of the text in those sub-forum descriptions. I had no idea there was so much to figure out on your own, not in manuals. I'd appreciate a bit of help on that text size.

Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

• Successfulsteps
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy View Post
    Please vote to have this fixed. It's extremely confusing to leave Style Variables in the Editor if they no longer function.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-11359
    yes it is. I went there and don't see where you vote at. I do have the secondary content but it still won't changed because the person who changed that area to grey changed somewhere else than the stylvars and I want to know where. The secondary content has the correct color but it's not displaying in the WGO's on area. Doesn't anyone know where that can also be changed? I am guessing the person who changed it didn't know about the secondary content and that is why I am having this problem.

Edited: I saw on the side where to vote and did vote. But in the mean time I would still like the color changed as it looks just horrible, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Please vote to have this fixed. It's extremely confusing to leave Style Variables in the Editor if they no longer function.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-11359

Leave a comment:

• Successfulsteps
    replied
    Originally posted by setishock View Post
    #1 has been moved to the secondary content stylevars. Careful it changes a lot.
    Where is that located? How do I get there and what am I looking for?

Leave a comment:

• setishock
    replied
    #1 has been moved to the secondary content stylevars. Careful it changes a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Problem trying to update the Stylvars in the WGO

#1. I am pretty sure I know why this is happening, but take a look:

Here's what the WGO looks like on the forum:

Click image for larger version

Name:	wgoskin.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	3720653

Now in the stylars you'll see it is supposed to be a very pastel green to match the rest of the forum:

Name:	wgobackgroundstylvars.jpg
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	3720654

But it's not. I think a previous coder on the forum who is now long has edited the CSS or something and I am at a complete loss as where to find the edit! Please help!

#2. Is there anyway to increase the size of this text on the forumbit:

Name:	forumtext.jpg
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	3720655

Lastly when hovering over the forum or notification or even the navbar links that drop down, the background turns to black and it makes it hard to read. Which stylvar is that? I have read every word in the vbulletin manual on stylvars and had updated to a new skin a few days ago. So, I pretty much read and went over everything before coming here to ask, before I didn't want to waste anyone's time.

If you tell me I must edit something, please let me know where it is I need to edit.

Thank you in advance for your help!