Can't find a bv:raw style variable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [vB4] Can't find a bv:raw style variable

Hi, I know the procedure for tracking down stylevars in my templates, but this one is new to me. I wanted to change some colors on user profiles and so I used Firebug and tracked it down. It's in the userprofile.css file but instead of using a stylevar it has this syntax:
    Code:
    background-color: {vb:raw moduleinactive_background_color};
    It's my understanding that the vb:raw syntax allows a php variable to be used out of a plugin or product. Is that correct? Nevertheless, none of the templates have any replacement variables, and I don't know where to look to find this variable.

Where do I find vb:raw variables? Or should I just insert my new css and forget about the original variable?

{vb:raw xxxx} is a variable and not a stylevar. Those variables are used on the profile page since users are allowed to change the look of the profile page (if you have that option on). If you do not allow users to change the look of their profile page and you wish to change that CSS, then just enter your changes into the additional.css template.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

The reason is because there is a bunch of "white on white" type stuff.

I don't mind if users change their profile (and so keep the variables), but I also want it to be usable at the start. How can I change the default colors but also allow users to change their own profiles?

Comment

And speaking of additional.css, where do I actually go to edit that? I only found it by using the "search in templates" function. And to summarize my previous question, where do I edit the default values for those style variables? That's what I'd rather do.

Comment

If you are using profile customization, then you need to click Customize My Profile on your page, make the profile look like how you want it for everyone, and then click Save as Site Default. If you changed the CSS in the additional.css template (Style Manager > Edit Templates > double click on CSS Templates group), then the users won't be able to change the color when using the Customization button.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

If I save as site default will that override for all styles or just the style I have chosen at the time?

Comment

I think it will override for those who not customise their profile page yet. If I have customise my profile page, your "save as site default" colors not affected my page.
              Get Our New Flat Theme Pro Pack or Grab all 34 vb5.5.4 skins @sultantheme.com -vb3 responsive style or vb4 responsive style and vbcloud custom style

Comment