can somebody please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can somebody please...

explain to me Replacements and Templates? I don't understand them and sometimes when i am making a new style i screw up a previous style because I select the wrong template of something. Anyways, thanks.

http://vbulletin.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=37293
    - James
    http://forums.smaaash.com

Comment

Er, that thing describes every template, but I just want to know what they are, like when you make a new style, you have to select replacement set, and template set. What does that mean?

Comment

Style Set = Replacement Set + Template Set

In order to keep things simple, my Syles all have their own Replacement and Template sets. It's a little more work when you have as many styles as i do, but it does eliminate a lot of confusion.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I've been looking at it some more and I think I get it now. So, is the template set like the layout, and the replacement set like the colors and stuff?

Comment

Pretty much. There's a lot more you can do with replacements but that's the general idea.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

OK, thanks. One more thing, just making sure I am right here.

So if I wanted to have different styles, with the exact same layout and stuff, just different colors and pictures, I would want them all to use the same Template, but each use a different Replacement?

Comment

Yes, that would work.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Smachol bit confused are you the same person as steve?

Comment

Originally posted by pattox
                    Smachol bit confused are you the same person as steve?
                    Read his sig...

Comment

Originally posted by c-prompt
                      Read his sig...

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X