New Stylevars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [vB4] New Stylevars

Since upgrading to 4.1.0 PL2, some of my custom skins have stopped working correctly.

For instance, at the bottom of the SHOWTHREAD template,

Thread Display Options, Icon Legend & Posting Permissions have Grey headers with a White background and the header has gone out of line with background.

The FORUMDISPLAY template has similar problems. The bar at the top of a thread, were you would normally find, Thread Tools, Administrative, Search Thread, Rate This Thread, Display, Inline Mod is White, were on my skin it would normally be Black.

And again at the bottom of the forum I have the Grey headers and White background in the Tags for this Thread & Posting Permissions.

Also in the member profile the side blocks don't look correct either.

So to cut to the chase, what new Stylevars have been added and how can I update my skin to look the way it should?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Da_Vinci; Thu 6th Jan '11, 9:05am.

Everytime you upgrade, you should upgrade your templates also.

New Stylevars in 4.0.8
    Deprecated Stylevars

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Thanks Lynne, looks like I've got a busy night ahead.

Edit: The .pdf is not available to download in that article.

These problems are also apparent here, on all of the VB.com skins including the Default skin and on my own forums Default skin, will VB be fixing this on here aswell as in the next stable release of VB?

It seems a bit rich to tell users to update our skins, when the default skins have not been updated accordingly, should VB not lead by example on issues like this and update the selectable forum skins on it's official support forum?

Not having a pop at you Lynne btw, more at the Devs and the QA department.

Does this need to be reported as a bug or will it be picked up from this thread?
      Last edited by Da_Vinci; Thu 6th Jan '11, 10:41am.

Comment

I don't see the Thread Display issue here at all. The other two sound like they are color choice issues (if I'm reading correctly).

Bug issues posted only in threads will never be seen. The devs only work out of the bug tracker.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Well if you look at the 4 examples below, you should see what I mean. These are examples of the skins used here on vBulletin.com

Attached Files

Comment

I see the colors. As I said regarding the colors, that is a color choice and not a bug. There were stylevars changed and I guess they just didn't change the stylevars in the styles here since they were done for 4.0.7 or 4.0.8. But, the issue with the title bar being too long is not present here - that is what I meant about the Thread Display issue.

Comment

Ok, I just wanted it clarifying if it was a bug or not, cheers.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X