Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to enable full posting look without full post?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [vB4] How to enable full posting look without full post?

In the link below, you can see the top article has the preview image aligned to the left side of the article and is thumbnailed. Once you click the article, the preview image is centered at the top of the page and not a thumbnail, as assigned by the author. This article appears to be working correctly and is how all other articles on the CMS page display without enabling "Full Display in Section Page".

The second article has the preview image NOT thumbnailed and is centered in the article preview on the CMS. Once you click the article to view the entire piece, you see the image is the same as the preview size and is also centered properly as assigned in the article. This article has the "Full Display in Section Page" radio enabled and is working properly.

I want our articles to look exactly like article 2 but I do not want the entire context of the article to be posted on the front CMS page, which would be a combination of the article preview feature by using the preview break button and the full display look by enabling the full display radio. I would like to use the preview break button to have maybe half of the article post and then use the "Read More" button to allow for further reading. I prefer the look of the full size images opposed to the thumbnail and word wrap. It seems to me that this cannot be done, you either get the entire article or the preview with the baby sized thumbnail images.

You can see what I mean by going to our CMS page here: http://ltxtech.com

tl;dr: I want to enable full display in section pages but not have the entire article display so that I can get around thumbnailed images and word wrap on the front CMS page. Is this at all possible?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X