• Show
Clear All

• Edwin Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by RealIdea View Post
    one more thing
    if i meat this {vb:raw moduleinactive_link_color}
    where i find ?
    That's a user profile variable. The only way to edit that is to create a site default profile. When logged in as superadmin, go to "My Profile", "Customize Profile", make some changes, and IF YOU ARE SURE YOU WANT TO, click the ugly red "save as site default" button. Do this carefully- it can't be reversed without executing a raw sql query. On the profile customization page that's labeled "Inactive Module Link Color".

Leave a comment:

• RealIdea
    replied
    one more thing
    if i meat this {vb:raw moduleinactive_link_color}
    where i find ?

Leave a comment:

• RealIdea
    replied
    so how i thank you..
    thank you guys very much
    before i use vBulletin i was edit joomla template it allows me to find the path of my css file and then i use FireFtp and notepad++ to edit and re upload
    now i will like to design for vBulletin also as i see after you guided me
    by the way Edwin Brown
    thank you for explaining all cases i will meat

Leave a comment:

• Edwin Brown
    replied
    Firebug will tell you the css class. Then go into admincp > Styles & Templates > Search in Templates. I find it best to search for the exact class definition shown in firebug. It will never be 'toplinks' but might be '.toplinks' or '#toplinks'. The search will give you a list of matches, one or more of which will be bbcode.css, editor.css, popupmenu.css, etc. If you're searching on the exact class definition you rarely get more than two or three matches.

Look at those. You usually will find you want to edit a style variable rather than tweaking the css template. If you want to change color and you find something like

color:{vb:stylevar toplinks_link_color};

then go to admincp > Styles & Templates > Style Manager, select stylevars, and search for toplinks_link_color. We recommend editing the value there rather than in the template if possible.

Leave a comment:

• David Grove
    replied
    vbulletin-chrome.css

You can use the "Search in Templates" function in the Admin CP to see which CSS templates "toplinks" is used in.

Leave a comment:

• RealIdea
    started a topic [vB4] How can i edit specified css selector ? id or class

How can i edit specified css selector ? id or class

hello
    when i try to style my forum with Firebug to see which selector or attribute that have a style
    i cannot get the place of the class or id in css file like vbulletin.css or vbcms.css
    i cannot know which css file contain the classes that i want to edit
    example: if i want to change class "toplinks"
    where i can find it? which file ?
    firebug told me the file in
    HTML Code:
    css.php?styleid=9&langid=4&d=1292950012&td=rtl&sheet=bbcode.css,editor.css,popupmenu.css,reset-fonts.css,vbulletin.css,vbulletin-chrome.css,vbulletin-formcontrols.css,
    so i cannot know which file