No announcement yet.

[howto] -> Spaces Between Categories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This hack is great, except I have one problem. Everything is fine until I put the table code in to separate the last forum from the active users/private messages tables (the code that goes after forumbits in forumhome).

The whole forum resizes itself to what you see here instead of going the full width across the page.

vB 2.2.5 with phpPortal 3 running on top.

I'm new to this whole vB thing - my forum is all of ten days old - and any help would be appreciated. I imagine I'm missing the obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by 99SIVTEC
      After upgrading to 2.4 I have this extra forum/posts/threads/lastpost ect bar at the top of my pages. How do I get rid of that sucker?

You can see what I mean at my forums http://www.sportcompactracing.com/vbulletin/index.php
      Same on my forums. I added the code to the forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost, and while it seperates the categories, it displays that same black line. I had to take the code out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smoothie
        Same on my forums. I added the code to the forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost, and while it seperates the categories, it displays that same black line. I had to take the code out.
        if you read the first post, you'll see that he shows you how to get rided of the line
        me won't have a signature for a loooooong time

Comment

• Just a thank you, looks very nice on my boards.

Basa
          Sebastián J. Bianchi

Comment

• Thanks for a great hack! I'm running vbPortals with 5 themes also, works killer in everyone of the themes

Comment

• I tried adding this to my board, but ended up getting this:

anyone know why?

Comment

• I remember that...in your "ForumHome" template, look for this chuck of code:

Code:
                </table>
                </td></tr></table><br>
                <table cellpadding="{tableouterborderwidth}" cellspacing="0" border="0" bgcolor="{tablebordercolor}" {tableouterextra} width="{contenttablewidth}" align="center"><tr><td>
                <table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="{tableinnerborderwidth}" border="0" {tableinnerextra} width="100%">
                and copy it and delete it and save it, then past that code in the "forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost" template above:

Code:
                <tr id="cat">
                	<td bgcolor="{categorybackcolor}" colspan="6"><a href="forumdisplay.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&forumid=$forum[forumid]"><normalfont color="{categoryfontcolor}"><b>$forum[title]</b></normalfont></a>
                	<br><smallfont color="{categoryfontcolor}">$forum[description]</smallfont></td>
                </tr>
                and save.

plus note that I don't know if that's the correct one or not, but it doesn't hurt to try cuz I had to do the same thing
                me won't have a signature for a loooooong time

Comment

• Code:
                  </table>
                  </td></tr></table><br>
                  <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" bgcolor="#555576"  width="100%" align="center"><tr><td>
                  <table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0"  width="100%">
                  I dont seem to have that bit of code, however I do have this code in my forumhome template

Code:
                  </tr>
                  </table>
                  <!-- /text -->

<br>

<!-- main -->
                  <table cellpadding="{tableouterborderwidth}" cellspacing="0" border="0" bgcolor="{tablebordercolor}" {tableouterextra} width="{contenttablewidth}" align="center"><tr><td>
                  <table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="{tableinnerborderwidth}" border="0" {tableinnerextra} width="100%">
                  That is, slightly simmilar. Is it what I'm looking for?

Comment

• In the beginning of this thread, it is explained how to add the index below the categories, this will span the stuff on most boards properly.

Comment

• I followed all instructions on this post.

On my board it only separates the who is online from the rest.
                      It does not split the categories. What can i have messed up?

TIA

Comment

• Originally posted by Twin-x
                        I followed all instructions on this post.

On my board it only separates the who is online from the rest.
                        It does not split the categories. What can i have messed up?

TIA
                        You split the tables up before they are made, try putting the code on the end there. Just play around a little bit, just make sure you have a working version as a backup in .txt file.

It took me some time too, but with a little bit of playing and html knowledge you will get there.

Comment

• I have quick question, I have everything on the top level of the forums working, but I'm wondering what I would need to do to make my sub catigories have spacing as well.

following the forums, I've got the top level spacing setup.

example on my forums,
                          http://forums.orbsydia.com/index.php3

but for my sub forums how would I make it look similar? for each game section?

this is what it looks like at the moment, I'm using 2.5.5
                          http://forums.orbsydia.com/forumdisplay.php3?&forumid=1

thanks, any feedback welcome, I had level systems and other setup as well, but my host is giving me issues, but I will be moving to a dedicated rack soon, yay!

Thanks for the help in advance.

Rob

Comment

• Thanks for your help and this great hack

Comment

• Originally posted by Khaybel
                              I have quick question, I have everything on the top level of the forums working, but I'm wondering what I would need to do to make my sub catigories have spacing as well.

following the forums, I've got the top level spacing setup.

example on my forums,
                              http://forums.orbsydia.com/index.php3

but for my sub forums how would I make it look similar? for each game section?

this is what it looks like at the moment, I'm using 2.5.5
                              http://forums.orbsydia.com/forumdisplay.php3?&forumid=1

thanks, any feedback welcome, I had level systems and other setup as well, but my host is giving me issues, but I will be moving to a dedicated rack soon, yay!

Thanks for the help in advance.

Rob
                              I think that requires code hacking, sorry. I wouldn't know how to do that with just templates. Not without making it look pretty damn ugly

Comment

• Just a slight problem.

Could anyone guide me on how to remove the line? Appreciate any assistance.
                                Focusing on the Amateur Soccer Scene

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X