Additional CSS Definitions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [vB4] Additional CSS Definitions?

I'm finally upgrading to 4.1, and while doing so I noticed that the "Main CSS" is now obsolete and "for reference only". So where do I now add custom/additional CSS definitions? I have, for instance, additional CSS that pertains to specific custom BB codes.

If this has been previously discussed here, please point me to the right thread; I couldn't find the answer with few quick searches throught the forums.

Thanks!
    Come to visit My Galagzee!

Go to edit templates, there is a category called "CSS". In it is an "additional.css" template. Usually, it is just blank. You can put any additional or custom css definitions in there.

Comment

Got it! Thanks Valadur!
      Come to visit My Galagzee!

Comment

How can I change the line spacing of content of a post ?
        And how to change the default font, size, color of the content of the postings.
        I could not find the stylevar for this.
        Please help.

Comment

Originally posted by ahobilam View Post
          How can I change the line spacing of content of a post ?
          And how to change the default font, size, color of the content of the postings.
          I could not find the stylevar for this.
          Please help.
          There are StyleVars under Postbit for postbit_background and postbit_color which will change the background and font color respectfully.

To change other values edit your additional.css template:

add the code:

Code:
          .postcontent {
          font-size:22px;
          font-family:"Times New Roman",Georgia,Serif;
          }
          Obviously edit the CSS to your needs.

Comment

What I have to do if I want to add another font on the server?

For example: 'PT Sans'

Comment

Originally posted by rughis View Post
              What I have to do if I want to add another font on the server?

For example: 'PT Sans'
              Traditionally you can't display a font that isn't installed on the end-users computer. Some browsers with advanced CSS 3 support or proprietary tags do make this possible though.

This is really beyond the scope of support. However if you search your favorite search engine for Font Embedding or Embedding Fonts with CSS, you should find a number of tutorials on how to do this. Just be aware that not all browsers support embedded fonts and Internet Explorer does it differently from other browsers.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                Traditionally you can't display a font that isn't installed on the end-users computer. Some browsers with advanced CSS 3 support or proprietary tags do make this possible though.

This is really beyond the scope of support. However if you search your favorite search engine for Font Embedding or Embedding Fonts with CSS, you should find a number of tutorials on how to do this. Just be aware that not all browsers support embedded fonts and Internet Explorer does it differently from other browsers.
                Thank you Wayne

Comment

There's a route you can go that requires the member to download a file and install it. You could link to the font say at DaFont and direct them to download and install it. Lots of folks ain't gonna bother with that.
                  The other is the embedding option. I did a quick Google search and it doesn't look all that complicated. How to call for the embedded fonts isn't covered at most of the pages I visited. Once I get it to work I'll tut it and put up a link. If you don't see one in several hours, I couldn't get it to work.

Comment

http://www.css3.info/preview/web-fonts-with-font-face/

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Outstanding there Wayne old boy. Spot on.
                      Thanks...

Comment

Want to make it easier... Use Google Web Fonts.

Pick a font and its variants. Google gives you the CSS code. Stick the code in your headinclude or additional.css template. Then simply edit the stylevars to include the new font family. Fonts are hosted on Google's servers.

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X