Header help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [vB4] Header help

Just wondering... Here is a site that I visit (http://www.salm0ncrazy.com/vforums/). I like the way the header is designed here. Can someone point me in the right direction. I can design the header in photoshop with no problem. I'm just curious as to how he was able to accomplish this.

Thanks
    Last edited by morrow; Thu 2 Dec '10, 6:42pm.
    -=morrow=-

I'm not sure what you are wondering about. He has a really long header image as the background (1600x88) and then just put a logo on top of it (stylevar "titleimage").

If you use firebug for firefox, you can see the exact CSS being used to do these things.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
      I'm not sure what you are wondering about. He has a really long header image as the background (1600x88) and then just put a logo on top of it (stylevar "titleimage").

If you use firebug for firefox, you can see the exact CSS being used to do these things.
      That's what I was wondering. Ok, I'll give this a shot and see if I can design something for my sight. Thanks for the insight!
      -=morrow=-

Comment

Ok... Now I'm wondering... I have this image that I've been toying with. If I wanted to add a few links or make a piece of that background html, where would I place the html? I have some ideas.
        -=morrow=-

Comment

Anyone home?
          -=morrow=-

Comment

Please don't bump your post before 24 hours.

You may add links in that area in the header template.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment