Tutorial for making button sets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tutorial for making button sets?

I am looking into trying to make my own button set, as I definitely have the time. However, I hear that most people use Photoshop, which I don't have.

The only paint programs I have are PhotoImpact and Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7. So I need to know two things:
    [list=1][*]Can I even make a good-looking button set with one of those programs?[*]Where are some starting tutorials or helpful places for button set newbies to look?[/list=1]

All help is greatly appreciated.

http://vbulletin.com/manual/graphics.html

Comment

But that is a tutorial for .psd files....which Paint Shop Pro 7 doesn't support.

Comment

FWIW my button sets were made using the PSD files with PhotoImpact 6.0. PI wouldn't let me duplicate the look of the original text on the buttons, but other than that it does a pretty good job.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Where can I find the PSD graphics? Or do I have to create everything from scratch? I wanna play around with an existing one...but I don't know where to get it.

Comment

You can download the PSD files from the Members Area.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Crap....my username is just on another guy's license...he is the one who has the license and such, but my name is on it so I can download files from vBulletin.com and vBulletin.org....how would I go about downloading those files in my situation?

Comment

Sorry, you can't.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Is there any way he would be able to download them then send them to me via e-mail? I'm an admin along with him at a forum...is that possible?

Comment

I think "offically" your not supposed too..... But, as long as you don't post the psd's on the web for download, I don't think they'll say anything

Comment

Lol...I'm not smart enough to know how to post PSD's on the web to download. Anyways, I won't bug him tonight about it...I've already got tons of stuff to do, and I can't say I want to sit in front of a computer screen for hours, creating a button set.

Comment

download?

I don't see the psd download anywhere. I checked member area but it wasn't obvious.

Comment

Its in the resources section
                          Board of the Month: November
                          Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
                          Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
                          vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

Thank You

Now all I need to do is buy the picture software.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X