Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VB4.0.8 - Error when installing new theme on clean install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Leave a comment:

• craigspc

• craigspc
    replied
    Problem solved

Well, the problem is now solved.

Following Steve's suggesting that it sounds like a server related error (and based on the fact that I didn't have anything to lose), I wiped my site clean, created a new database and started from again from scratch.

During this second install I did have a small glitch with the installation hanging on step 7, but after waiting about 10 minutes, I hit the refresh button and the install actually continued.

Since the re-install I can add new styles without a problem. The only difference (that I'm aware of) is that I chose to install everything to root this time, rather than within a sub folder.

I know this won't help a lot of you, but I figured that it's better than ending the thread with a plain "it's solved" message. At least anyone else that experiences this issue down the line won't think I found some magical solution.

Leave a comment:

• craigspc

• craigspc
    replied
    Update

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I ran the test you suggest and the results were as follows:

Suhosin
    Module loaded: No
    mod_security:
    AJAX Unicode Issue: No

After running the test, I did notice something else though. If I deviate slightly from the style's install insctructions and select a 'parent style', the warning goes away. If I try to create a new style though, the error returns again.

Looking at line 1205 of adminfunctions_template.php (mentioned in the warning), I see the following code (not sure if this helps or not):

$csscolors[$itemshortname . '_' . strtolower($cssidentifier) . '_bgcolor'] = fetch_color_value($value['background']);

I suppose that if selecting a parent style removes the error, I can just do that. But I'm not sure whether this is actually solving a problem or just hiding a problem that will crop up at a later date.

Regards,
    Craig.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Assuming no add-ons or bad files, this is generally a server issue. Run this and report back the results:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Problematic Webserver Modules

Leave a comment:

• craigspc

• VB4.0.8 - Error when installing new theme on clean install.

Hello,

I have a clean install of vB Suite 4.0.8 & when installing a theme (any theme) I always receive the following warning message:

... (Templates) (StyleVars) (Replacement Variables) (CSS)
    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/adminfunctions_template.php on line 1205
    (Controls) Done.

Can anybody please offer some guidance? The themes do appear to work, but having warning messages on a clean install is a bit unnerving and I'd rather get to the bottom of the problem before going any further. I don't have any add-ons, mods or plugins installed. It's just the standard vB4 Suite with the sample data installed.

Thanks in advance,
    Craig.