Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the rate that the style makers here charge ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maverick are you for real here buddy? Get a quote from a professional graphics company on how much they would want for the SAME thing you asked Sin for, I KNOW for a fact it will be much more then 3 times the price of vBulletin! HA HA!
    MSN: [email protected] | MAIL: [email protected] | FOLIO: mholman.com

Comment

I know

I understand-
      but im not asking you to make new templates-in fact i just wanted a different look which involves some template modifications

Comment

Re: Re: Re: anyone?

Originally posted by Maverick1236

right, but when its 3 times what vbulletin itself costs, its a bit high
        I charge more than that and I am booked for work through this month already. I agree its high for someone whos running a personal site with no income from it. But most company sites, or sites that have any sort of income will pay way more than what you think is too high above. More than the graphics you are paying for time. The time it takes to do all the work, etc. If you pay someone 100 bucks for something that took them a week to do is that worth it to them? Not in the least. Heck alot of design firms will charge hourly, and an hour some charge up to 75 bucks (the cheaper ones).

Comment

hey

didnt mean to offend you-i guess i should restate:

Its way too high for me-because I run a personal site, which generates no income

sorry-but for some people 100 dollars is alot of money u know?

Comment

I don't see the big deal, theres doesn't have to be ONE set price on anything, there are degrees of design, bottom line, you get what you pay for, $100 will get you a $100 style, it will be nowhere near a $400 design, but hey, it's something more then the basic ya know? Well that's how I work at least...
            MSN: [email protected] | MAIL: [email protected] | FOLIO: mholman.com

Comment

Re: hey

Originally posted by Maverick1236
              didnt mean to offend you-i guess i should restate:

Its way too high for me-because I run a personal site, which generates no income

sorry-but for some people 100 dollars is alot of money u know?
              No prob here. I agree 100 is alot for some people. I don't even think someone whos running a personal site should put that much money into the site unless they had it to spend. There are at least a few jobs I turned down because I actually didn't feel right doing the work for the money because I knew the person really couldn't afford it, and would get nothing in return for it.

Comment

I really only do vb customization on the side. Since I started I have got some pretty big offers from companys, paying 15,000 dollars for a website etc.. Its just as c-pr0mpt said, paying more then $100 for a personal website is a lot, but when we are talking about a company, thats dirty cheap.
                Board of the Month: November
                Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
                Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
                vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

Originally posted by snyx
                  depending on the amount of work involved, send me a email on what you need exactally, and we can work somthing to fit ya mate.
                  By the way Snyx, when am I going to get my $200 back? Maybe with this work you are soliciting you can pay me back the money for the job you never started.

A friendly warning, whatever you do, DO NOT pay snyx in advance. I paid him $200 on Oct 30, 2001, and I haven't heard from him since. He requested funds in advance, and I learned my lesson the hard way.

Oh, and if anyone doubts me, just contact paypal and ask about his history. It seems like I am not the only one that has put in a complaint about him.

On a positive note, I would highly recommend ozone2000 and c-prompt. I hired Ozone to finish the job that Snyx never started. He was quick, highly responsive, and did a great job on the graphics. I hired c-prompt for another job and had a great experience dealing with him as well.
                  Last edited by Chris123; Sat 12th Jan '02, 12:16pm.

Comment

Synx is notorious for ripping people off.

Why he's allowed to troll through jelsoft's boards ripping off their customers is beyond me.
                    Last edited by Paul J; Sat 12th Jan '02, 12:33pm.

Comment

Thanks qwaz. Interesting....

It's just amazing how he just totally ignored all my emails and communications once he got the $200. He was highly responsive up until that point.

Oh well...a lesson learned. Others take warning and don't fall victim to the scam! Because that's exactly what it is. A scam.

Now what happens at paypal is messed up as well. Once a complaint is filed, they can only refund the amount of money in the account of the seller. I have gotten $1.84 refunded to me so I stand corrected, Snyx owes me $198.16.

My only other option is to charge back my credit card, which I may do very soon, and if I do so, I could end up possibly not being to make payments through paypal......they will penalize me for it.

Thanks a lot Snyx.

Comment

And Jelsoft even gives him free advertising.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=24566

Comment

It's distressing to see how many of these threads degenerate into namecalling and accusations. I don't know who's right and who's wrong - nor do I much care.

I do know there's no point in keeping this thread open anymore.
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X