Spaces inbetween forums....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spaces inbetween forums....

If you look at the image, is there any way I can get a space the size of the first one (from welcome panel to forum) between each forum.... like to seperate the categories...how can I do this?

Have you tried just putting simple <br> tags into the templates?

Comment

Yes

Comment

I think it looks neat like that

Comment

uhm

I am still looking for the same 'hack' here too..
          A <br> wont work, because it looks like you have to 'break' the table. Try using </table><table> (with some nice atributes) in some template. I am just guessing here.. am working & testing on it myself.

Comment

If you figure it out please tell me - I got the same thing using the <br>'s

Comment

Each of the categories, subcategories, forums, subfourms, etc. is a row in the forumhome display that's generated dynamically from a bunch of forumhome_forumbits. You could edit each of the forumbit templates to add a table row at the top, then set it to span all the columns, then stylize as you wish. You might need to use a spacer gif to get it to display consistently.

Comment

SOLVED

Hope this helps:

To seperate the categories from eachother, so they have a white line between them as done on www.creations.nl

An extreme simple template-hack has been described here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36832

Enjoy !
                Last edited by Floris; Mon 7th Jan '02, 11:17pm.

Comment

expansion on Xiphoid's mod

If you want to have the forum/posts/threads/last post/moderator headings added below each category name (with Xiphoid's mods), you can do this:

in template forumhome

remove
                  Code:
                  <tr align="center">
                    <td bgcolor="#8080A6"><smallfont>&nbsp;</smallfont></td>
                    <td bgcolor="#8080A6" width="80%" align="left"><smallfont color="#EEEEFF"><b>Forum</b></smallfont></td>
                    <td bgcolor="#8080A6"><smallfont color="#EEEEFF"><b>Posts</b></smallfont></td>
                    <td bgcolor="#8080A6"><smallfont color="#EEEEFF"><b>Threads</b></smallfont></td>
                    <td bgcolor="#8080A6" nowrap><smallfont color="#EEEEFF"><b>Last Post</b></smallfont></td>
                    <td bgcolor="#8080A6" width="20%"><smallfont color="#EEEEFF"><b>Moderator</b></smallfont></td>
                  </tr>
                  In template forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost

Find:
                  Code:
                  <br><smallfont color="#FFF788">$forum[description]</smallfont></td>
                  </tr>
                  Add below:

Code:
                  <tr align="center">
                    <td bgcolor="#8080A6" width="80%" align="left"><smallfont color="#EEEEFF"><b>Forum</b></smallfont></td>
                    <td bgcolor="#8080A6"><smallfont color="#EEEEFF"><b>Threads</b></smallfont></td>
                    <td bgcolor="#8080A6" nowrap><smallfont color="#EEEEFF"><b>Last Post</b></smallfont></td>
                    <td bgcolor="#8080A6" width="20%"><smallfont color="#EEEEFF"><b>Moderator</b></smallfont></td>
                  </tr>
                  The only problem with this is I'm left with a horizontal bar above my first category where the original forum/posts/threads/last post/moderator headings went that I can't figure out how to remove, although it doesn't look too out of place ...

Kathi
                  Last edited by Moonwolf; Mon 7th Jan '02, 10:35am.

Comment

it's great!!but it seems some problem in my forum!!

take look the attachment pic

i lose some line in red part could someone tell what's wrong??

Comment

Re: expansion on Xiphoid's mod

Originally posted by Moonwolf
                      If you want to have the forum/posts/threads/last post/moderator headings added below each category name (with Xiphoid's mods), you can do this:

in template forumhome

remove
                      Code:
                      <tr align="center">
                      </tr>
                      In template forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost

Find:
                      Code:
                      <br><smallfont color="#FFF788">$forum[description]</smallfont></td>
                      </tr>
                      Add below:

Code:
                      <tr align="center">
                      </tr>
                      The only problem with this is I'm left with a horizontal bar above my first category where the original forum/posts/threads/last post/moderator headings went that I can't figure out how to remove, although it doesn't look too out of place ...

Kathi
                      Great add-on I also applied this one already, just forgot to mention it :P

Actually, this can be fixed, but I just didn't had the time to feel the ground and see what I can do. Maybe in the future.. it doesn't even look 'that' bad Makes the welcome panel I applied devided from the boards .. nice bug that turns out to be ok :P

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X