Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Cool Little Addition To Currently Active Users I Created...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Cool Little Addition To Currently Active Users I Created...

This is a very, very simple hack that; when browsing the Index page, at the Currently Active Users table, creates a simple image next to their name, and it links them to a new message to that user with their name already filled out.

Here is what it looks like:

Once you click on that image, it will bring up a new private message with their name already filled in.

And here is the image that you'll need:

Be sure to save the image as sendpmonline.

Download the attachment for the templates that you need to change:

Re: A Cool Little Addition To Currently Active Users I Created...

Originally posted by Justin Hancock
    This is a very, very simple hack that; when browsing the Index page, at the Currently Active Users table, creates a simple image next to their name, and it links them to a new message to that user with their name already filled out.

Here is what it looks like:

Once you click on that image, it will bring up a new private message with their name already filled in.

And here is the image that you'll need:

Be sure to save the image as sendpmonline.

Download the attachment for the templates that you need to change:
    Only thing is with a board that has a hundred or so online members, that gets mighty large!

Ethan

Comment

only gif that is listed is your own
      nice
      tx Justin
      You're my Prince of Peace
      And I will live my life for You

Comment

Re: Re: A Cool Little Addition To Currently Active Users I Created...

Originally posted by ethank

Only thing is with a board that has a hundred or so online members, that gets mighty large!

Ethan
        Correct, and that is the downside to this hack. That's the only reason why I don't have it implemented my board.

Comment

Wouldn't it be a good idea to release this vbulletin.org ?
          Email: [email protected]
          Site: Under Construction

Comment

Originally posted by Kaizen
            Wouldn't it be a good idea to release this vbulletin.org ?
            No because it doesn't involved any code hacking.
            Chen Avinadav
            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Originally posted by FireFly

No because it doesn't involved any code hacking.
              Oops. Ok.

Mental Note : No Code; it goes here : Code hacking, it goes vbulletin.org.
              Email: [email protected]
              Site: Under Construction

Comment

Yeah, I posted it at vBulletin.org originally, but then they locked it and told me to post it over here, so here I am. I don't know coding that well...I just love to modify templates.

Comment

since my board isnt that busy i think ill add it

Comment

Might I add that you can use any image you'd like, but that's just the image I chose. Just make sure to change the image name in the template if the image has a different name than sendpmonline.

Comment

I don't have a super busy board (yet ), but this is a great template addition!

I have edited the icon to take just the pushpin and added the same background as the table background. This made it blend in more and also decreased the size of the pic.

You can see it at www.simpsonsboard.com

Thanks!!

Comment

Thanks man, it looks great.
                        http://www.redhat.com/img/powered_by_t.gif

Comment

Nice hack mate, I just changed the gif a bit to fit with a board that has a lot of members and it dosn't seem to clutter up so much.
                          Rheena.com For Xbox360 Wii-u PS Vita 3DS iphone ipad Android Devices And More

Comment

To the author --> great that you have come up with this template mod

but I wouldnt use it as it would encourage people to discuss privatly when there is a public board at their disposal!

Comment

Originally posted by Ikram
                              To the author --> great that you have come up with this template mod

but I wouldnt use it as it would encourage people to discuss privatly when there is a public board at their disposal!

I don't think encouraging people to dicuss things privately is such a bad idea. Especially when the concept of a 'message board' turns into a 'chat board' full of spam. ugh!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X