Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threepwud
    replied
    Thanks Zappa, but people who have already selected a previous theme will still have that one, won't they when I re-allow them to change styles?

Say I have three themes, 1 being the VB blue and white, 2 being a horrid pink and 3 being a nice black style. I want #3 to be my default and for everyone to have that selected, mainly because they don't know about it and never read anything I tell them!

I've chosen for theme #3 to be the default but people who have manually selected #1 or #2 will still have those selected won't they? Removing the option to change the selection forces them to the theme I want but I still want to allow them to change the theme if they want to.

So I was wondering if a nifty little query could be run to force all users to have style #3 selected still allowing them to change their own if they choose to?
    Last edited by Threepwud; Mon 13 Sep '10, 7:29am. Reason: Varifying facts

Leave a comment:

• zappaDPJ
    replied
    To set the default style; from your User CP, go to Settings > Options > Style & Language Settings > Default Style.

If you want the style you set to be the only style available then change the setting below that (Allow Users To Change Styles) to No.

Leave a comment:

• Threepwud
    started a topic [vB4] Forcing a new style change to all users

Forcing a new style change to all users

I really can't see how and I've looked high and low!

I have many people who just don't like the white and so I have a newer black and orange style so want to force this new theme for everyone.

Anyway to do this? Or see members who are NOT currently using it (it is set as the forum default).

Thanks