different smillies depending on the style set selected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• different smillies depending on the style set selected

Right now i have 2 style sets (one is the default vb.com look and the other is a blue type look)

I have 2 style sets and i changed the image paths...
    style set 1= images
    style set 2=images2

All works fine for all the images but the smillies dont change... I took a look at some others forums where they use different styles sets and when i look at the smillies properties they say ".../images/icon12.gif" for example... when i select a different style the smilies folder dont change...

Is there a way to change the smilies depending on the style seclected... smillies might look good on a style (color) but not in an other

As far as i know smilies/icons etc are not independant of styles - they are universal.
    Email: [email protected]
    Site: Under Construction

Comment

ok you have regular vb - with smilies /images/smilies

make your blue vb - with all images in something like /blueimage/ and set the image paths in the style pages of the cp

Comment

As for as I know, this is not possible with the current version of vb. We need to PM mods/developers and harras them until they implement this. Oh and the breadcrumb should be implemented in all templates, instead of in the forumhome, showthread, and forum display, so we don't have to go through each page template and modify it!! I know it may take a bit but, meh
        Board of the Month: November
        Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
        Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
        vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

Bugz that doesnt work for the smillies. Maybe in the next version

Comment

Use /{imagesfolder}/ in the smilies/icons path, instead of /images/.
            Chen Avinadav
            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Yeah, FireFly has it. Now my only question is....what about the post icons? Right now I'm using the defaut yellow post icons for every style, but I want to know if I can change the post icons path for each style, since every button set comes with post icons.

Comment

Originally posted by FireFly
                Use /images/ in the smilies/icons path, instead of /images/.
                It -should- work fine with them as well. Give it a try, I see no reason for it not to work.
                Chen Avinadav
                Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

Do you not aggree that it should be made easier then having to have multiple image folders? I mean I don't think it would be relitivly hard to do..
                  Board of the Month: November
                  Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
                  Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
                  vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

Originally posted by FireFly
                    Use /images/ in the smilies/icons path, instead of /images/.
                    I did a search on the templates and was unable to find "images/" or variation of it... Am i supposed to change that in the templates or in the php files?

Comment

Go to Admin CP => Icons/Smliles => Modify.
                      Chen Avinadav

Comment

Thanks alot. it worked...

Is that something you suggest to be done or does it slow down the performances a bit?

Comment

Don't worry.
                          Chen Avinadav

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X