Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to change image and link for main forum logo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• borbole
    replied
    Alternatively you can do that with my mod as well.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248532

Leave a comment:

• zappaDPJ
    replied
    In: header

Find:
    Code:
    <a name="top" href="{vb:raw vboptions.forumhome}.php{vb:raw  session.sessionurl_q}" class="logo-image">
    Replace with:
    Code:
    <a name="top" href="http://www.yourhomepage.com"  class="logo-image">

Leave a comment:

• renep
    replied
    Originally posted by Indy CTS-V View Post
    any idea on the link now?
    You'd have to customize template 'header'.

Leave a comment:

• Indy CTS-V
    replied
    Ah...I got the image fixed...but still need help with the link change to the home page instead of the forum page.

I had put /forum in the setting...and when I compared the two image paths...I noticed it added /forum/forum on the link displayed...so I take it that it must already assume /forum so it couldnt find the image. I just removed the /forum from the setting altogether and bam...there was my image displayed.

Sooo...any idea on the link now? I want to redirect that link to the home page rather than the forum page.

Leave a comment:

• Indy CTS-V
    started a topic [vB4] How to change image and link for main forum logo?

How to change image and link for main forum logo?

Can somebody please tell me how to change the logo on a skin from the default logo to my regular site logo and change the link from the forum link to the home page link?

I changed the link in style variable editor...but now its just a red x...and I know the image file is there...I copied the path from the default skin. Also...I have NO idea how to change the skin. I figured since this is probably something about EVERYBODY does....that there would be somebody here that could quickly tell me whats what. I am kind of a newbie at this. Not totally stupid...but at the same time...not overly experienced in this type of thing.

I know its something in style var....and changed the link...which appears to have NOT pulled the image into the mix...confused.

Website is IndyCarz.com - but it will currently default to the default vBulletin skin....but if you go down and choose the IndyCarz classic skin....(Cars Forumz.com skin off of .org).

Do I need to move/copy the image to another place also to make it display? Its set at the same path as the default skin?

And what do I need to adjust to make the link to the home page?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X