Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

User Options..set them ON and not let the users change them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Options..set them ON and not let the users change them.

I want to keep email addresses turned on and PM's on and also Pop up for PM on and not let the users turn them off. How would I do this permanently? Thanks!

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by jucs
      Anyone?
      You'll need to edit your member.php file and some of the templates.

Ask on over at vbulletin.org for help.
      There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

Why would I need to ask there? Isn't this the support forums for VB!?

Comment

Re: User Options..set them ON and not let the users change them.

I want to keep email addresses turned on and PM's on and also Pop up for PM on and not let the users turn them off. How would I do this permanently? Thanks!
          actually it's just template editing you need to edit registeradult, registercoppa, modifyoptions templates and make the check boxes select ON or OFF by default and then comment out the OFF or ON check box for the option.. that's what i do on my forums http://animeboards.com

i have everyone forced to use browse by cookies so edited registeradult and set browse by cookies as default and then commented out the no option did the same in modifyoptions

moving to templates forums
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I understand how to set the default's appropriately in the registeradult, but not how to "lock them in" by commenting out nor how edit the other template (just remove the lines in User options?)

Could you provide an example of how you "comment" it out in register adult? THanks!

Comment

I understand how to set the default's appropriately in the registeradult, but not how to "lock them in" by commenting out nor how edit the other template (just remove the lines in User options?)

Could you provide an example of how you "comment" it out in register adult? THanks!
              to comment out something using

<!-- this text is commented out -->
              :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

So if I set them ON in registeradult and then comment out the line it will work? Thanks for all the help.

Comment

in registeradult i have
                  Code:
                  <td bgcolor="#DFDFDF"><normalfont><b>Browse board with cookies?</b></normalfont><br>
                  <smallfont>Clicking yes will use cookies to keep your id for this session. Clicking no will send it through the links. (Selecting no may cause problems with proxies)</smallfont></td>
                  <td bgcolor="#DFDFDF"><normalfont>
                  <input type="radio" name="nosessionhash" value="yes" checked> yes
                  <!-- <input type="radio" name="nosessionhash" value="no"> no -->
                  </normalfont></td>
                  do the same for modifyoptions by commenting out the no check box only

Comment

Got it! Thanks!

Comment

Got it! Thanks!
                      no probs

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X